Home

Player Potentials and Ratings

This is a discussion on Player Potentials and Ratings within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-22-2009, 12:47 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Player Potentials and Ratings

A player with a potential of A always goes into the 90's.. so If a guy with B potentials plays well, can he eventually slip into the low 90's?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2009, 12:57 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 26
Re: Player Potentials and Ratings

A 99-90
B 89-80
C 79-70
D 69-60
F 59-12

Those are the overall definitions of each letter grade. A player who is listed as a B can not go beyond an 89.
Old 12-22-2009, 12:59 PM   #3
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

I don't think they always go into the 90s if they are A. I think they still have to earn it, at least from what I'm seeing on some of the teams in offline play. I have seen guys with an A potential at at 27 and still only an 86 for example. I believe (correct me if this is wrong) potential is just that, it's a potential for them to achieve, but they still have to achieve it.
Old 12-22-2009, 01:04 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
I don't think they always go into the 90s if they are A. I think they still have to earn it, at least from what I'm seeing on some of the teams in offline play. I have seen guys with an A potential at at 27 and still only an 86 for example. I believe (correct me if this is wrong) potential is just that, it's a potential for them to achieve, but they still have to achieve it.
Yeah, they still have to progress and grow as players. If the player just hasn't been performing well *cough* Jay Cutler *cough* he's going to be rated lowly. But I have seen players rated B in position be switched to other to become A rated. I've only seen this when changing DT's to DE and vice versa. But still, you have to play well to get good stats... unless you have the world class training staff thing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »