Home

Old 12-22-2009, 01:56 PM   #1
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22
Pro Tak

Since pro tak is the new animation technology that's being used in Madden would anyone like to speculate on how it will be used in future maddens and what other aspects of gameplay it can be added to and how.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2009, 02:47 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: Pro Tak

Not sure what you're asking. Pro Tak enables up to 9 man gang tackles. Also, better o-line blocking forming a better pocket.

What else could it possibly do???

*edit* Perhaps better wr/cb interactions, and maybe the ability to double team WR's?
Old 12-22-2009, 03:02 PM   #3
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

I would like to see the technology applied to run blocking, especially in goalline/pileup situations. The trouble before was that players stuck in animation would make it easier to scoot around the outside on those plays, now with protak, maybe some way could be created to allow players to break off those pileups and pursue outside.

Madden took a huge physical leap forward last year. The physics of the game improved due to protak, due to slight improvements in locomotion, due to better WR/DB interactions, due to slower run cycles and better route animations, and due to the improvement in ball trajectory and velocity... however, it needs to continue to improve in these areas while catching up in the AI area.

The AI did not receive a significant boost last year. AI, in my mind, exists on two levels. The best way to think of this is in terms of the Coaching AI and the Player AI (generally, I refer to those as "AI" and "Logic", respectively).

So while Pro Tak could be expanded in a lot of ways (and from working with the Tiburon staff, I know they plan too), I think the real work needs to be done in the AI side of the game... especially player logic.

Run blocking (you don't leave the man covering you unblocked!), blitz pickup (smart instead of psychic), pursuit (outside containment and backside pursuit), progression (low AWR QBs should go opposite the rotation and read deep to short, high AWR QBs should go where the coverage dictates).

I've been saying this for a year, and some have gotten it and some haven't, but the great hope is that Ian gets it. The day I heard him say that he's working toward making mistakes realistic, I knew he was on the right track. That statement is the main reason I have faith in this team to continue the positive steps taken with Madden 10.

Potential... It Ain't Done Yet... but Madden 08 didn't even have potential.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 12-23-2009, 05:19 AM   #4
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Adembroski is right once again. But I thInk protak can definitely be used in jumpball situations allowing ratings to dictate the outcome. But the ai side of things are more important at this point.
Old 12-23-2009, 09:53 AM   #5
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert_24
Adembroski is right once again. But I thInk protak can definitely be used in jumpball situations allowing ratings to dictate the outcome. But the ai side of things are more important at this point.
For the record, probably the only detail that's out there regarding 11 so far is that jump balls have been re-mo-capped. Maybe this is actually what they did!

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2009, 01:56 PM   #6
Madden NFL Dev

RedZoneD25's Arena

OVR: 36

I can only hope M11 has the ability to let the user push the pile (either as a tackler on D or RB on O)...i hate how it turns into a vacuum cutscene...and even if my guys are plowing say..Jacobs, he finds some mirale way to withstand 8 men surrounding him from all angles..

sorry it wasnt supposed to be a rant, i like it...i just wish they'd make it a tad more realistic with user control so it feels like you're actually battling.

Formerly:
- User & Mod, OS Forums
- EA Sports Game Changer
- Madden Franchise Mode QA
Old 12-23-2009, 08:49 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

I love breaking 5 man tackles with 200 pound Chris Johnson. Makes me feel special.

I don't think they would bring in a new animation tech and not use it in next years edition. Pitty.
Old 12-23-2009, 09:01 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 16

I kind of hope that fumble piles are used with Pro-Tak, so that the user can keep adding players to the pile, trying to give his team the advantage to get the ball. That way the piles can be different each time, not the same cutscene for every fumble.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »