Home

Watch 'em Go!!

This is a discussion on Watch 'em Go!! within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 12-23-2009, 12:35 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Watch 'em Go!!

Why entertain this. My vote, don't post on this thread.
Old 12-23-2009, 06:58 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
In real life, you are correct. In video game football (there is a difference) maybe there is a low ceiling on ratings in the engine.

For example, a kicker is rated 12 with your very own eyes for QB accuracy. Maybe the Madden engine doesn't let any rating go below a rating of 55.

Make sense?
Yea, I'm thinking thats whats going on with the engine.. If your playing on all Pro or higher you can definitely tell the difference between say a Brady vs a low rated QB, or a Peterson vs Hightower.
Old 12-23-2009, 01:04 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 24

So what you're saying is ratings don't matter?

I believe I've read that somewhere...........among the thousands of posts related to the same topic.

Was it necessary to start yet another thread about this???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2009, 02:53 PM   #12
MVP

MrOctober430's Arena

OVR: 12

lolwut
Old 12-23-2009, 04:55 PM   #13
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by foolish813
The point is that I should not b able to score let alone actually have a feasable offense if it's totally made of kickers and punters. I have time in the pocket. Neil rackers is a beast at HB. He trucks on the regular. I even get toe animations to stay in bounds for catches. This should not b possible. Something's wrong here. oh its on rookie!
Thats the problem man, you need to play all-pro or a custom set between all-pro and all-madden.
Old 12-24-2009, 01:25 AM   #14
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
In real life, you are correct. In video game football (there is a difference) maybe there is a low ceiling on ratings in the engine.

For example, a kicker is rated 12 with your very own eyes for QB accuracy. Maybe the Madden engine doesn't let any rating go below a rating of 55.

Make sense?

If this is true, and I believe it is for olineman because kickers can do ok on the line, it's a serious problem. Why rate a player 12 if he will play the same as a 55? If this is true than who cares if they stretch the ratings, it won't change how guys play if they are rated under the ceiling.
Old 12-24-2009, 11:31 AM   #15
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
If this is true, and I believe it is for olineman because kickers can do ok on the line, it's a serious problem. Why rate a player 12 if he will play the same as a 55? If this is true than who cares if they stretch the ratings, it won't change how guys play if they are rated under the ceiling.

Probably because they didn't think anyone would think of doing that (of course, doesn't account for their own CPU depth bugs that sometimes seem to cause the AI to do this). The formula is probably oriented around the typical range of the ratings for that position. No listed OL is going to have 12 run blocking.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-25-2009, 03:02 AM   #16
Banned

foolish813's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by foolish813
Start a franchise. Release your entire offense or defense. Sign all the punters and kicker you can. Change their positions, (not ratings) and watch u kick some serious butt!!
If they fix this, they fix the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »