Home

Franchise people, have you shelved madden 10?

This is a discussion on Franchise people, have you shelved madden 10? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-22-2009, 06:00 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 7
Franchise people, have you shelved madden 10?

The mess that rushing stats have become has broken franchise mode for me....My option are A)Play sim style ball and be penalized in progression because my back runs for 1,200 yards at 4.5 yards a carry. Or B) Change my sliders so that i run for 7-8 yards a carry and over 2,000 yards a season.

I bought this game with the expectation that i spent my money on a game i would be able to play until madden 11 released. sadly i was cheated out of my money, and EA broke the franchise mode.

/Sign if you have shelved madden because of this
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2009, 06:08 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 36
Re: Franchise people, have you shelved madden 10?

waaaaa waaaaa...dude, just save everyone the grief, you bought the game so EA doesn't care if you've shelved it. next year, wait until nov or dec until the patches are out and you get a good word.

but to answer...no, i havent, i actually just started a franchise i am thoroughly enjoying...Buffalo Bills return to AFC dominance underway, and the hands of a 20 year old Terrelle Pryor.
Old 12-22-2009, 06:18 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

I don't play for the stats. I play to try to win Superbowls.
Old 12-22-2009, 06:20 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 11

I lost interest after the first month or two. The game isn't bad, but I found myself disappointed and let down by all the little things, or should I say the absence of them.
Minnesota Wild
Old 12-22-2009, 06:20 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

Having the most fun I have in years. I hope they do fix some stuff next year and make Franchise more in-depth. However, at least it isn't as easy to lead the league in all categories. Years past, you could have the QB with the most yards, RB with huge rushing stats and nobody close to them. Multiple receivers leading the leagues in catches and/or yards and on down the list.

So, no, it isn't a deal breaker for me. Having a lot of fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2009, 06:23 PM   #6
WAT

Mr. Franchise's Arena

OVR: 33

All games have flaws.
Old 12-22-2009, 06:39 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

I have, a few reasons why:

The gameplay is too poor to make me want to play a full season, but simming seasons obviously creates some problems with the stats.

Having my coaches randomly disappear and not being able to resign some until I release them first is a pain and very annoying.

Drafting is way too easy as everyone knows. I don't even have to scout I can just look at the pentagon attribute graph and know who to pick and when.

I don't care for the progression system. There is no reason why some players should stop progressing while they are still relatively young, or why some players do not progress at all after a monster season in their prime. I feel almost pressured to use certain younger players who may not be as good as my starters and play them and try and get monster stats so they don't regress at the end of the season.

Winning the Super Bowl, while the ultimate goal of franchise mode, is not that big of deal. The presentation is pretty pathetic and there seems to be no rewards for doing so.

Player ratings don't really matter once again, I just take the fastest players as they are the best in the game. Also offensive linemen ratings don't matter, so what is the point of trying to obtain skilled offensive linemen or high rated players?

I should not have to handicap or police myself because of poor game logic to prevent myself from building an unstoppable team.

My favorite part of franchise is building up a good team from nothing (with the Lions), but with all these points considered it is no fun doing that so I just gave up altogether.
Old 12-22-2009, 06:57 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 6

Well I controlled all 32 teams and adjusted coaching schemes to reduced running back inflated numbers. I'm 4-1 with the Patriots and been having a blast.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »