Home

Coach Mode & Scouting

This is a discussion on Coach Mode & Scouting within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-12-2009, 08:01 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Coach Mode & Scouting

With the patch finally coming out, I am beginning a coach mode season. I'm not particularly sure how scouting works, but I keep reading that it becomes really unfair and too easy to get stud classes. But I'm not sure if that's partly because people control them and make them great players.

Is this the case in coach mode? Do people use scouting?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2009, 06:11 AM   #2
Rookie

fahrenheit's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Coach Mode & Scouting

In this madden you cant make players great, they either aren't or they are. It just depends on how much you play them.

Its too easy to get stud classes because you can sort players by potential and just pick your players by their potential instead of their actual stats.
Old 12-13-2009, 01:57 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Whilst you can get players with high potential easily enough, don't think that's always the right player for you. A 60 rated player with "A" potential is going to take over four years to become an effective starter. Often, it's better to take more immediate potential and less capacity for later improvement.
Old 12-13-2009, 04:27 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

So what's the call...use scouting or don't in coach mode?
Old 12-24-2009, 12:31 AM   #5
MVP

Buckeye's Arena

OVR: 38

i would say use the coach mode...i have tryed it a couple of times and really liked it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2009, 02:05 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 9

idk if this helps your decision...but if u do use coach mode, think like a coach and dont get caught up in all the 'A' potential players. there are some positions and players that are EXTREMELY effective with 'B' potential and a mid 80 to low 90 OVR.

Ex: There was a CB i got who had 'A' potential and in his prime he was a 99 overall (99 MCV, 99 ZCV, 96 SPD) and he wanted big time money

I also had another CB with 'B' potential and in his prime he never went over 89 overall, but he played like a shutdown corner. (99 SPD, 95 MCV, 90 ZCV)

i Simmed 2 seasons back to back and my stats for each corner were:
A potential: 9 deflections, 3 INTs, 20 tackles *they didnt pass his way*
B potential: 25 deflections, 11 INTs, 55 tackles *they tried to use him, but he's kinda good lol*

keep in mind thats over 2 seasons. that allowed me to change my defensive strategy and be way more aggressive. i also had the personnel to run the 3-4 and my defense was top 5 all the way through my CB's career

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »