Home

Getting beat by the same play unappreciation

This is a discussion on Getting beat by the same play unappreciation within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 12-23-2009, 12:04 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Getting beat by the same play unappreciation

This has happened to me a few times online. Guys run the same play with a few variations and i cant figure out how to stop it consistently. I know people will say how will you let that happen, but trust me some of these guys are good. This only happens once every bluemoon. Most times if a guy doesnt switch it up I get an easy win. But sometimes not. Its extra fustrating when you know exactly what they are doing and cant stop it. I know im no the only one. I beat a level 26 guy that did nothing but scrren to the rb or wr for the WHOLE game. I thought he was a level 1 till I saw his record after the game. How did he make it that high up? Has this happened to anyone else? Speak on it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2009, 10:32 AM   #2
Pro

Re: Getting beat by the same play unappreciation

Its happens to me alot. Its either that or cheese on defense by back their whole team up including their defensive line. Thats what i call scrubs lol
Old 12-23-2009, 12:49 PM   #3
All Star

OVR: 33

Yeah it happens every other game. It sucks.

Just move on.
Old 12-23-2009, 03:45 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 16

I have a high disconnect because i quit those games before the end of the first. I can deal with people going for it on fourth but if your just going to run one cheese play all game what fun is that.
Old 12-23-2009, 04:53 PM   #5
Rookie

I hate the d when everyone gos back too. You can run on it, but it you get down its hard to have patience to stick with the run. You can scramble up the middle too. Sometimes this works good enough to make them come out of it, but some guys wont. I scrambled for 4 to 5 yards up the middle almost a whole game cause some guy didnt want to come out that D. I barley beat a guy last night that did nothing but hb toss. I had the righht play called but sometimes he would break 2 tackles and break a big one. Its one thing when you know what play is coming, but the rest of the A.I. has no clue. They should make them adapt for online games, its just not realistic that a team runs the same play over and over and all 11 guys dont know whats coming.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2009, 07:21 PM   #6
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6

This happens to me too. It's quite boring.

How much do you want to bet we'll soon get a "learn how to play defense" reply from someone on here.
Old 12-23-2009, 08:30 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 55

I've encountered this a few times also. I try to see it as a challenge to improve, but I've gotten beat by this more than I'd like to admit. They are really good at deducing your defense down to 1 or 2 reads with a play they are extremely comfortable with. It's sucky to face, but I've learned a lot from sticking it out and finding out what can possibly stop them.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 12-24-2009, 03:19 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 9

the only time i would lose to a cheeser like this would be when they lag out or something lol

the easiest thing to do would be to adapt to what they are doing...and its easier than u make it sound. most cheesers hit the slot receiver most of the game, and they'll move their best receiver there.

the key is to move to a different skill position and mostly use the nickel. i like to use the safeties and mainly use cover 3 and take away the underneath routes. the LBs dont react well to slants or crossing routes, so it'll it be up to you follow that guy until he breaks off his route. hopefully, your d-line is gettin penetration

or u could control a lineman (4-3) or the blitzing LB (3-4) and pretty much do the same thing. but u should see what madden exploit they are tryin to approach. RBs in the flats or slot receiver.

if u lock those type players down for 2 or 3 series and u score at least once and force a turnover...they usually quit

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »