Home

Is this game worth getting now?

This is a discussion on Is this game worth getting now? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-26-2009, 07:21 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 7
Is this game worth getting now?

Hey, I'm about to purchase either a PS3 or an Xbox360 as I've been playing my PS2 to death and Madden/NCAA 2008 have been mostly what I've been playing. Anyway, is this years Madden post patch #2 good enough for me to go out and purchase a next gen system? I ofcourse will be playing other games too, but as a Madden franchise guy, I've been loving my Madden/NCAA "Dynachise" I've been playing, but if tis gonna be better on next gen I'm gonna go ahead and get my system.

Next topic...which system should I get? I know this is probably the wrong forum, but which system does Madden(and other games that come out on both systems) play better on?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2009, 10:21 PM   #2
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Is this game worth getting now?

As far as whether Madden is worth getting or not, that is something that you'll have to decide for yourself. The opinions on this forum are all across the board and I highly doubt you'll be able to make a decision just by having people answer that question. Look through the various threads and read about the good, the bad, and the ugly to see if that helps.

I'd recommend going and renting it somewhere, borrowing from a friend if applicable, or buying it used that way if you don't like it you can return it within 7 days, at least I think thats the going rule right now.

As far as system, the only thing I can advise you on is to look at each system's first party titles and then decide. Other than that, there isn't that much of a difference between the two. The only other significant difference, imo, is that Xbox Live is $50 a year while Playstation Network is free. Having said that, Live is the better online service, imo.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 12-26-2009, 10:36 PM   #3
Pro

IXI DECAY IXI's Arena

OVR: 5

I have played NCAA/Madden on both systems. I own both PS3/360. In my opinion the games play better on the 360. It feels much smoother on that system. As far as other games go I will tell that here lately I only use my PS3 for the blu-ray player. Only games I own on PS3 are Uncharted and Killzone which I havn't touched in months. 360 is for sure the way to go!
Old 12-26-2009, 10:50 PM   #4
Rookie

Kegthaplaya's Arena

OVR: 2

If you enjoy franchise mode then swapping to the next gen is going to be extremely dissapointing.

The only plus side is that draft classes no longer have guys with 99 spd, 68 accel, and 67 agi, since theyre all hand created, and drafting overall is really fun.

Its missing a ton of things last gen (seriously it was 5 years ago why is it still called current gen) had though.
Old 12-27-2009, 01:20 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 1

I'd like to say on behalf of the PS3

- free Internet is great for a college kid
- Blu Ray player is a huge plus IMO. I hate watching DVDs now
- the Internet browser is pretty good on the PS3. I say this because I've been having computer problems and it's allowed me to check email and such.

But IMHO, an online forum like this isn't a very good place to go if you're about to make such a big investment. If I were you, I would try and find a friend with each system and compare the games and qualities of the systems.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2009, 02:48 AM   #6
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20

Its worth getting if you think it will keep you entertained during the off-season. All i know is once football season is over I'm playing The Show
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Old 12-27-2009, 11:52 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexbraun
Its worth getting if you think it will keep you entertained during the off-season. All i know is once football season is over I'm playing The Show
I'm right there with you on that one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »