Home

Old 12-24-2009, 03:10 AM   #1
MVP

Buckeye's Arena

OVR: 38
My team

my offense sucks....clinton portis and chris cooley are only good people...what should i do here to improve it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2009, 09:15 AM   #2
Rookie

Drike19's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: My team

are you saying your offense suck after 2 games?

Old 12-24-2009, 10:12 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 16

If i were to rebuild the skins. My first move would be to get ride of Haynesworth.

Ex. Traded Haynesworth for Larry English and 1st pick( id try to get the first, you should be able to)

Then I would trade trade Portis for a younger back.

Ex. Traded Portis for Johnathan Stewart and Dwayne Jarrett.

Then I would look to trade Campbell and Moss.

Ex. Traded Campbell for Brady Quinn and Jerome Harrison. Traded Santana Moss for Hakeem Nicks, 3rd round pick.

So my new off would be...

QB Quinn
HB Stewart and Harrison
TE Cooley and Fred Davis
WR Nicks and Devin Thomas

Now with that new 1st pick I would go after Suh or McCoy from Oklahoma.

Very easy team to rebuild in my opinion. A lot of older over rated guys on that team tat can be dumped for young talent.
Old 12-24-2009, 01:38 PM   #4
MVP

Buckeye's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by trick02
If i were to rebuild the skins. My first move would be to get ride of Haynesworth.

Ex. Traded Haynesworth for Larry English and 1st pick( id try to get the first, you should be able to)

Ex. Traded Campbell for Brady Quinn and Jerome Harrison. Traded Santana Moss for Hakeem Nicks, 3rd round pick.

QB Quinn
HB Stewart and Harrison
TE Cooley and Fred Davis

Very easy team to rebuild in my opinion. A lot of older over rated guys on that team tat can be dumped for young talent.
Thanks i like that idea....Colt Breenan had done fairly decent for me while portis has 6 total TDs

Last edited by Buckeye; 12-24-2009 at 01:42 PM.
Old 12-24-2009, 02:34 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by trick02

QB Quinn
HB Stewart and Harrison
TE Cooley and Fred Davis

Would you also recommend going into CAP hell because thats what you basically did.

Now as a Redskins fan, the only problems with the offense is the line. Portis is fine in the game, Campbell is a good quarterback and progresses into a great QB. After a few years, Brennan also progresses into a good QB and you'll have JC and Colt both in the 80's in about 5 years.

Defensive wise, you are set. They have one of the best D lines, the corners progress into very good backs. The safeties are both young and progress into high 80's to 90+.

Basically, you have a team on defense that is young besides Fletcher, Carter, and Griffin. And they all have at least B potential.

On offense, most players are young. Moss and Randle El are a little old, but Thomas, Mitchell, and Kelly are all young and get better. Cooley is a superstar and Davis will progress into a good backup and by the time Cooley retires, he'll be high enough to be a good starter.

So basically, you need to just draft all offensive lineman in the draft. You don't need to make any trades at all because the team is young and will progress into a lot better team. If you can build a good line to help Campbell out, then you will just need to get a RB to replace Portis who will soon hit 30 and go down.

Summary - Redskins are young. The players you will need to replace soon: Portis, Griffin, Fletcher, Carter The positions you need to draft: Lineman in the first two drafts, then after that get some quality players to replace who i listed before as "old".

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2009, 02:38 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I would also recommend keeping all the RBs because they are all good backs and Portis and Betts may suffer through injury problems and Ganther and Mason both are fin in the game. i actually do better when they run in my franchise then when its Portis. Try to run a 2 or even 3 back set with Portis, Betts, and/ or Mason or Ganther.

― Plato
Old 12-24-2009, 03:26 PM   #7
MVP

Buckeye's Arena

well i have vick...and so far colt has done the best out of all of them but none have done anything but average,,,,and as far as Rbs i figured i draft CJ Spiller maybe....and i need help on rush defense
Old 12-24-2009, 03:47 PM   #8
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Would you also recommend going into CAP hell because thats what you basically did.

Now as a Redskins fan, the only problems with the offense is the line. Portis is fine in the game, Campbell is a good quarterback and progresses into a great QB. After a few years, Brennan also progresses into a good QB and you'll have JC and Colt both in the 80's in about 5 years.

Defensive wise, you are set. They have one of the best D lines, the corners progress into very good backs. The safeties are both young and progress into high 80's to 90+.

Basically, you have a team on defense that is young besides Fletcher, Carter, and Griffin. And they all have at least B potential.

On offense, most players are young. Moss and Randle El are a little old, but Thomas, Mitchell, and Kelly are all young and get better. Cooley is a superstar and Davis will progress into a good backup and by the time Cooley retires, he'll be high enough to be a good starter.

So basically, you need to just draft all offensive lineman in the draft. You don't need to make any trades at all because the team is young and will progress into a lot better team. If you can build a good line to help Campbell out, then you will just need to get a RB to replace Portis who will soon hit 30 and go down.

Summary - Redskins are young. The players you will need to replace soon: Portis, Griffin, Fletcher, Carter The positions you need to draft: Lineman in the first two drafts, then after that get some quality players to replace who i listed before as "old".
Thats what I'm doing. O-line 1st,
1. RT
2. interior guys(LG, C, RG)
3. I can find a late round RB to develop behind Portis.
4. The WR's are young
5. TE's are set

The defense is solid. Mayb a strong safety to replace Horton or Doughty(even though they are young and can still develop), mayb a nickel bck.
Fletcher, Griffin will need to replaced after 2 or 3 seasons.

All in all the Skins are probably one of the easier teams to rebuild a few parts and turn into a superbowl contender.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »