Home

Did the patch fix cheap interceptions?

This is a discussion on Did the patch fix cheap interceptions? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-24-2009, 02:36 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 7
Did the patch fix cheap interceptions?

I was one of those folks that was frustrated pre-patch so I put the game down for a while. The one issue that bugged me most was the "cheap interceptions". Has that been fixed and what are you guys seeing?

The three I hated the most were:

1. You are doing a slant and the reciever is ahead of the defender by about 3-4 strides. Step up in the pocket, plant the feet, and fire the ball...then it goes directly to the defender behind your guy. And this is with a very accurate QB.

2. A streak play, receiver has the defender beat, ball is thrown, and the defender, who is not watching the pass, suddenly turns, leaps, and intercepts a pass he didn't even see.

3. A hook pattern...man coverage, receiver takes off, defender starts backing up, receiver slams on the breaks and turns while the pass is thrown, and the defender runs back and around your receiver who stands flat footed while the defender gets a pick six.

Those ones really killed the game for me...well that and a glitch I had where if I pressed "X" to skip the Extra Point and the game would lock up. No one else seemed to have that problem but if it ever did become widespread, I'd appreciate any feedback on that as well.

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2009, 05:07 PM   #2
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: Did the patch fix cheap interceptions?

Simple answer to the question.No.Only pursuit angles after the ball is intercepted.
Old 12-24-2009, 06:17 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by renojedi

1. You are doing a slant and the reciever is ahead of the defender by about 3-4 strides. Step up in the pocket, plant the feet, and fire the ball...then it goes directly to the defender behind your guy. And this is with a very accurate QB.
Hate that one soo much, mainly cause it just happened to me two times in the game I just played, throwing w/ Favre to Brandon Marshall. Easy picks for the D, ugh.
Old 12-25-2009, 12:36 PM   #4
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Nothing was done with regards to the passing (accuracy / touch), the coverage (instant react to QB throwing motion), or the DB warp to ball. Have to wait for M11 for a chance of having that addressed.
Old 12-25-2009, 01:20 PM   #5
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

OVR: 10

The sliders don't even work right, I set the CPU int to 0 and they still pick off my passes. Zero should mean they have no hope of making an interception.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2009, 10:28 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 7

Thanks for the feedback here and on PM. I lent the the game to my brother because the INTs (as well as no injured reserve which made me cut players I didn't want to and CPU QBs never taking a sack) became too frustrating to deal with. I got back from vacation where I went to Qualcomm for that awesome Bolts win over the Bengals. I was motivated to fire it up again but it looks like I'll just wait until next year and let my brother keep the game. Thanks again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »