Home

Old 12-27-2009, 11:47 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 8
EA Why?

This isn't a bash or anything, it's more of a concern thats been overlooked far to long. Many have either already said something about this or have atleast noticed and may even be slightly annoyed by it...

Why is it that when i pick a 4 WR, 1 HB set, the CPU A.I. counters with a 4-3 or 3-4 defense? I know many have had complaints with the blocking for runs, but if you're like me and want to keep opponents slash the CPU honest you run out of passing formations as well. But thats well pretty damn tough when the game puts in 3-4 LB's vs a passing formation. I can understand users doing this because they may not know better, but we're talking about a game marketed as SIM this year with a motto of "If you see it on Sundays expect it in the game". So I ask, why EA?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2009, 01:55 PM   #2
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: EA Why?

The damn CPU never comes out based on your personnel, its always what play you chose. Ifyou chose run they come out in base. If you pass then they come out in nickel, its always been like this and its always been stupid. At least they took out when you audible to a run from a spread formation they know automatically and audible to a base D.

I hope the devs stop programming the CPU like that someday
Old 12-27-2009, 04:41 PM   #3
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

It has to do with the Madden AI s38s38s. It's bad, and I mean really bad. If you use the Ask Madden, or even Beginnger Playcalling, you'll see a score of 400 to 520 (highest I have seen), typically in the 400 to 440 range. You can bet the game is using the same logic under the covers for the CPU play calling. Conversely a human player can easily hit 600 just by calling the right package, and can hit 700 by making good football decisions and executing fairly well on them.

Basically, they need the following to work...

1st - Get the Package Right
2nd - Get the Situational Play Choice Correct
3rd - Get the Players Play Call (Habits of the offensive coordinator) Choice Correct (this is a guess by a defensive coordinator, but hopefully you know what I mean)

So far they don't have any of those three working.
Old 12-28-2009, 01:10 AM   #4
Pro

Jump's Arena

OVR: 12

I'm pretty sure it's because the CPU selects their defense by down and distance, and pays no attention to personnel.
Old 12-28-2009, 01:16 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Not to mention the AI probably knows the basic design of your play (i.e. run vs pass), so if you do a Singleback spread formation but call a HB dive or draw - the AI probably knows you did a run call so comes out in a run-stopping defense.

Only a few times have a seen the AI get "tricked" and even then they are probably trying to trick ME by coming out in, say, a 3-3-5 but they are probably run blitzing (and typically they do), not to mention I get fooled sometimes when they come out in Shotgun, 3 WR and run a draw play.

Too bad I can't do the same to the AI.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2009, 01:37 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6

Guys... Just call an audible... It works every single time on them... I see a 4-3 against my Spread and I go to a play action pass and just kill em every single time... It's very rare that they'll even change into something different once they're set up... If need be, I'll even just set the HB or TE in pass blocking in the event that there is a blitz... It's gold every single time, to the point that I don't do it all that often except to catch up...
Old 12-28-2009, 09:18 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingking77
Guys... Just call an audible... It works every single time on them... I see a 4-3 against my Spread and I go to a play action pass and just kill em every single time... It's very rare that they'll even change into something different once they're set up... If need be, I'll even just set the HB or TE in pass blocking in the event that there is a blitz... It's gold every single time, to the point that I don't do it all that often except to catch up...
Score another for a lack of reading comprehension.

This has nothing to do with the OP's point at all.
Old 12-28-2009, 11:01 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
Score another for a lack of reading comprehension.

This has nothing to do with the OP's point at all.

This^

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »