Home

How far away are we?

This is a discussion on How far away are we? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: How far from perfection?
next year 3 3.95%
next 2-3 years 20 26.32%
Next 5-10 years 26 34.21%
Not for atleast 10 years or more 27 35.53%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-29-2009, 10:55 AM   #25
Left side, strong side

C the Lyte's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: How far away are we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
For what I would consider perfect, 3-5 years, so I voted 2-3.
Can you please direct me to the first perfect game? Any game/genre?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
I think it will take at least until the next generation of systems. The foundation of the game needs to be redone, for real this time. The fundamentals of the game have to be vastly improved... physics/footwork, blocking, tackling & the defensive play calling have to be addressed.
Next generation of systems is a LONG way off the way things are looking right now. I agree with the fundamentals improvement.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2009, 01:17 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Man, I think we're pretty darn close.

The Online Franchise is amazingly compelling. I run a full 32 man OF and it's great drama every week. Variable performance is a part of this game, and when you couple that with a league full of owners who are always adapting their games you get very good replay value.

I think the interface, admin options, and superstructure need more work, but this is the first year of implementation and it's already sucked our league in.

I used to be a big critic of the 0-99 system, but I've been converted. By stretching the ratings out, you really can tell the difference between a QB with 85 SACC, 75 SACC and 65 SACC, for example. You can tell the front end and the back end of the roster apart pretty well now.

And with the thinning of the draft classes, the distribution of roster talent is maintained, which adds further to replay value.

That said, this particular forum plays like a broken record and I don't think that regular posters in the main M10 threads will ever be truly happy with the product.

Sometimes I wonder what the criteria are for evaluation . . .
Old 12-29-2009, 02:56 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 7

So should we expect more crap next year? Or whens this gonna end.
Old 12-29-2009, 03:24 PM   #28
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantgetright69
So should we expect more crap next year? Or whens this gonna end.
Interesting, I thought this years "crap" was headed in the right direction and much better than last years crap. Not everything is aligned , yet, but I like where it's headed.

I agree with Bezo's post.
Old 12-29-2009, 04:08 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Interesting, I thought this years "crap" was headed in the right direction and much better than last years crap. Not everything is aligned , yet, but I like where it's headed.

I agree with Bezo's post.
The more I play the game this year, the more I respect it. There's a lot of "little" things they did right. A lot more than I first gave it credit for.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 12-30-2009, 09:56 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 6

Personally, the only real areas that I think really need help, overall, are getting the Franchise offline mode up to par, sideline passing, and play challenging.

The other "stuff" just needs some tweaking... BUT will we see this stuff over the next few yeas... I don't know. We haven't seen it yet, and these issues have been there for a while now. Some stuff may not be able to be adjusted as the engine is, like the line play and replays, BUT when it comes to Franchise mode, we're simply talking about various options, which you would think are easy fixes and easy additions... But, no such luck.

As a side note, I'd like to see them take Super Star mode and making it a DLC, for the simple fact that they can then guage how many people would get it, thus allowing them to guage how much time and space is required for that function. I blame a lot on SS mode since it kind of runs off of another engine, and having it's own engine no doubt takes a lot of space, and time away from the core game... Until they get rid of it, the game will remain the same.
Old 12-30-2009, 10:26 AM   #31
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by C the Lyte
Can you please direct me to the first perfect game? Any game/genre?
"For what I would consider perfect" = "Perfect for me". NBA 2K10, The Show 10 & FIFA 10. They all represent their sport very well.

Quote:
Next generation of systems is a LONG way off the way things are looking right now.
I'm sure it is, which is unfortunate, because I seriously doubt that my issues with the game will be addressed until they rebuild it... like really rebuild it. Not copy & past like they did with this generation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2009, 10:39 AM   #32
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
...I am just saying next year's should be marginally better. And even so, the sim crowd (especially here on OS) will gripe even more.
I chuckle EVERY time. It's almost like some of you ignore the actual complaints of the sim corwd & think we should be happy with the improvements you all were looking for. When folks around here can respect others opinions & preferences, it will be a better place.

Do you not have a problem with the blocking AI & interaction? Do you not have a problem with the lack of physics & footwork in the game? The players do not interact or react like their NFL counterparts. The foundation & fundamentals are broken/nonexistant. Are those not worthy of complaints?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »