Home

How do I switch players during the game?

This is a discussion on How do I switch players during the game? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 12-28-2009, 09:08 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
How do I switch players during the game?

I play as the Dallas Cowboys..Certain times I want to use Marion Barber, other times I want to use Felix Jones. Is there a way I can substitute Jones in for Barber during the game, without having to go to the depth chart every time?

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2009, 11:59 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 32
Re: How do I switch players during the game?

Its called formation subs. It must be done at the play calling screen. You hit RB or LB (not sure right now) for the 360. IDK what it is for the PS3.

Unfortunately, it become permanent, therefore the only was to change it back is to cut the player or change it to the desired person everytime.
Washington Capitals
Washington Nationals

R.I.P. #21
Old 12-29-2009, 12:32 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

On PS3 from the playcallin screen, R1 will change your formation subs. Change it to spell HB and your backup will come i for that formation.

Just remember the next time you run a play from that formation during that game it will still have the spell HB squad in the game so you have to click until it says normal if you want you normal lineup backin the game.
Old 12-29-2009, 09:09 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4949
On PS3 from the playcallin screen, R1 will change your formation subs. Change it to spell HB and your backup will come i for that formation.

Just remember the next time you run a play from that formation during that game it will still have the spell HB squad in the game so you have to click until it says normal if you want you normal lineup backin the game.

You can still do that on the PS3!?!?! I'm pissed
Old 12-29-2009, 03:42 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 21

these previous posts are incorrect...

R1 allows you to manually sub out one individual player for another and it stays this way throughout a franchise permanantly

pressing the R-Stick left and right brings up a "spell HB" formation with your second string running back and can be easily switched around and resets game to game

• PSN ID: MaddenDew
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »