Home

every year same story... human passing game is too easy..

This is a discussion on every year same story... human passing game is too easy.. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-05-2010, 09:21 PM   #137
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: every year same story... human passing game is too easy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
But, how about FORCING the user to lead the WR? So, just pressing the button would aim the pass right at the WR, which would only be good for curls/hooks/hitches. And even with those patterns you could "lead" the WR back to the ball. But everything else would REQUIRE the user to lead the WR to the "spot". So, if you don't lead a WR on an out route, the pass ends up behind him.
Quote:
But I would taper the percision passing sensitivity. For the most accurate QBs, I'd set the max lead within reach of a WR's maxiumum effort. I believe this would allow Users more control. The lower the accuracy, more of the available lead is out of reach of the WR.
These are great ideas Bez. Something that'll give us more control as QBs, yet simple enough to where Tiburon would not have to reinvent the wheel.
Old 01-05-2010, 10:45 PM   #138
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
These are great ideas Bez. Something that'll give us more control as QBs, yet simple enough to where Tiburon would not have to reinvent the wheel.
Isn't that kind of what's been going on as of late? Simple changes that lead to the same old problems... They have to reinvent the wheel sooner then later... But I agree with the point of your post. Since it would be simple fix, this is likely the extent we'd see things changed...
Old 01-06-2010, 09:37 AM   #139
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Also the WR's lack explosiveness in route running. Too slow. I'm not going to get into that here, however, it should be something that the look into along with these other aspects of the passing game.
Agreed! Especially once the ball is in the air.

But I think this is a problem everywhere. Most of the animations lack effort.
Old 01-06-2010, 12:47 PM   #140
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
It wouldn't be an exact spot. That's why I put it in quotes. My suggestion just forces the user to use percision passing on routes that require a lead pass.

It would just be a mixture of timing and lead distance. As he's approaching the WOLB, I'd use a certain amount of pressure on the stick to lead him to the open spot.

But I would taper the percision passing sensitivity. For the most accurate QBs, I'd set the max lead within reach of a WR's maxiumum effort. I believe this would allow Users more control. The lower the accuracy, more of the available lead is out of reach of the WR.

I see what you mean.

I like this idea - still considers the QB you're controlling with his strengths/weaknesses while taking out "randomness".

Add in pass rush and it would probably be a challenge even if the user was super good on the sticks.

That's always the main concern I have - going away from randomness to where mastering the game system can make QBs do way better than they should and diminishing how much ratings matter - especially as that's one of the "rally cries" of the game as it is already.
Old 01-06-2010, 12:49 PM   #141
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Quote:
Agreed! Especially once the ball is in the air.

But I think this is a problem everywhere. Most of the animations lack effort.

Speaking of WR and route running, is it true that the human WR don't run at full speed in their routes but the CPU WR do? I read that - but never could tell if it's really the truth.

I know a lot of routes do feel like they develop too slow, but the Ravens have slow WR so I figured it was just that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2010, 02:45 PM   #142
Pro

Jump's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
The difference in 2k8 and this game is, in 2k8 JaBustus would be just that. He would be a terrible QB and randomness would be the norm with him. Whereas guys like Elway and Marino in that game almost always had great passes but they still felt different. Marino threw lasers, while Elways passes did not have that type of heat on them. They were both pretty accurate and any over and underthrows were based on pass leading too far one way or the other or throwing well before the WR is ready. Both of them had different pass lead sensitivity too. Because Marino threw lasers you couldn't lead too hard at all or else you would always throw too early. There was still a difference in throwing a streak with Marino and throwing one with Elway. You wouldn't get the random passes from these guys just because. In Madden you get random passes from anyone just because. Drew Brees, Peyton Manning, even Tom Brady will do it just because and their frequency for doing it is no different than JaBustus.
This paragraph is flat out wrong. The bad passes are not completely random. They are affected by a QB's accuracy ratings. Go into practice and throw 10 deep posts in a row with Russell, then repeat with Manning. I guarantee Russell will miss more times than Manning.

I'm not trying to praise Maddens passing game, because most of it is poor, but people are really riding the "completely random" bandwagon, and it's just not the way it is.
Old 01-06-2010, 03:54 PM   #143
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jump
This paragraph is flat out wrong. The bad passes are not completely random. They are affected by a QB's accuracy ratings. Go into practice and throw 10 deep posts in a row with Russell, then repeat with Manning. I guarantee Russell will miss more times than Manning.

I'm not trying to praise Maddens passing game, because most of it is poor, but people are really riding the "completely random" bandwagon, and it's just not the way it is.
I'm glad you said this because I was starting to think I was crazy.

QBs have randomness in Madden, but it is based on both sliders (turn them low enough, everyone will be random, make them high enough and everyone can be laser accurate), and ratings, and of course pressure (get hit as you throw, the pass has more chances to get off target, but I've seen Manning get hit and still deliver a strike), and depending on TOR rating - whether or not the feet are set.

Meanwhile, I hit Tyler Thigpen - yeah..it's going off target.
Old 01-06-2010, 04:07 PM   #144
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16

I agree the passing ratings do matter, as long as the sliders aren't so high/low that it doesn't account for ratings anymore.
Thats why All-Madden seems so off b/c your making good players(player skill sliders, not cpu skill), look/play like rookies and great players, play like average to good players.
Another reason why I've had the best games w/ sliders that are in between All-Pro and All-Madden. Still gives you a challenge w/o taking ratings totally out of the game.
BTW, this years Madden has the most effective sliders I've used ever. I've tweaked sliders since Madden started giving us the option to do so and this years is the best imo.

Last edited by dfos81; 01-06-2010 at 04:09 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »