Home

every year same story... human passing game is too easy..

This is a discussion on every year same story... human passing game is too easy.. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-06-2010, 04:16 PM   #145
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: every year same story... human passing game is too easy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
I'm glad you said this because I was starting to think I was crazy.

QBs have randomness in Madden, but it is based on both sliders (turn them low enough, everyone will be random, make them high enough and everyone can be laser accurate), and ratings, and of course pressure (get hit as you throw, the pass has more chances to get off target, but I've seen Manning get hit and still deliver a strike), and depending on TOR rating - whether or not the feet are set.

Meanwhile, I hit Tyler Thigpen - yeah..it's going off target.
It is based on ratings but it's not. The previous poster I think missed the spirit of the post. I was not saying there is no difference in QB's. I was saying that the randomness happens to Russell just like it does to Manning, Brees and the top QB's and the frequency of the randomness is the same. Russell does make some bad throws in the game, but he makes a lot of good ones too. IMO more than he should. I've seen too many QB's get hit and it is still a strike and they are not top tier guys. I was in practice mode this morning. Offense only, post route from Russel to Heyward Bey of all people 100 % completion. Manning to Wayne 100%. Put the defense on the field. Cover 2, 3 man rush. Russell 7 out of 10. Manning 9 out of 10 on the post route. Now what is the difference in those two throws. One of which for Russell was a dropped pass by Heyward Bey. You are going to have a hard time arguing that it is the rating. If it was their ratings then Russell should have went for 2 out of 10 giving his horrible ratings.

One thing I did notice though is that it DOES indeed seem like pressure has some impact on the throws moreso on Russell than it did Manning. On the two passes of Russell that were off target, the controller was rumbling because the DL was getting through. I'll have to test it some more but if this is the case then that's kinda cool. But without the DL getting through the throws were on the money from Russell just like they were from Manning. The velocity of the passes were not the same. I think JaBustus' passes were too slow, but they still got there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2010, 04:22 PM   #146
Hall Of Fame

I'll just say this. Most of the generic QB's in 2k8 are not even as accurate on that post route pass as JaBustus is in this game even in practice mode with no defense there. With no defense there that generic will probably hit that post route 4 out of 10 times. Sending you a very clear message. Your QB SUCKS.
Old 01-06-2010, 04:32 PM   #147
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

wouldn't your test LB also take into account his rating for deep passing. i think they are on to something i think the leveling of what is good and not needs to be fixed
Old 01-06-2010, 04:32 PM   #148
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
It is based on ratings but it's not. The previous poster I think missed the spirit of the post. I was not saying there is no difference in QB's. I was saying that the randomness happens to Russell just like it does to Manning, Brees and the top QB's and the frequency of the randomness is the same. Russell does make some bad throws in the game, but he makes a lot of good ones too. IMO more than he should. I've seen too many QB's get hit and it is still a strike and they are not top tier guys. I was in practice mode this morning. Offense only, post route from Russel to Heyward Bey of all people 100 % completion. Manning to Wayne 100%. Put the defense on the field. Cover 2, 3 man rush. Russell 7 out of 10. Manning 9 out of 10 on the post route. Now what is the difference in those two throws. One of which for Russell was a dropped pass by Heyward Bey. You are going to have a hard time arguing that it is the rating. If it was their ratings then Russell should have went for 2 out of 10 giving his horrible ratings.
See, I don't see that.

Russell post is probably about 40% while the top guys torch me on those in-game (I never did it in practice mode. I hear practice is different than franchise).

Like when I faced Favre in my Ravens franchise - he owned me over the middle. Couldn't do anything, he was getting the ball on time and the pressure wasn't getting there so I was almost helpless unless Reed made a good play. Otherwise, Favre hit Rice and Shiancoe all day on those.

But when I played Tyler Thigpen and Matt Stafford - it wasn't nearly as automatic. Thigpen regularly overthrew the ball. Heck, he over threw shorter routes and if there was any pressure, forget it. The only reason Greg Jennings did anything is because of his own skills, at least imo.

Same with Stafford and Calvin Johnson.

I have a real hard time holding Manning/Brees, et al of that level under 66%. A lower tier QB, even with the Ravens' less-than-stellar DBs can hold such QBs under 60% and usually get at least one pick.

And controlling top and bottom teir QBs - well, I'll just say I wish Josh Johnson would have whatever your Russell was having when he hit a post 70% of the time WITH a defense on the field! Maybe it's the broadcast view - changes how the passing game looks, but if I could complete a post 70% of the time...

Last edited by KBLover; 01-06-2010 at 04:35 PM.
Old 01-06-2010, 04:47 PM   #149
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
See, I don't see that.

Russell post is probably about 40% while the top guys torch me on those in-game (I never did it in practice mode. I hear practice is different than franchise).

Like when I faced Favre in my Ravens franchise - he owned me over the middle. Couldn't do anything, he was getting the ball on time and the pressure wasn't getting there so I was almost helpless unless Reed made a good play. Otherwise, Favre hit Rice and Shiancoe all day on those.

But when I played Tyler Thigpen and Matt Stafford - it wasn't nearly as automatic. Thigpen regularly overthrew the ball. Heck, he over threw shorter routes and if there was any pressure, forget it. The only reason Greg Jennings did anything is because of his own skills, at least imo.

Same with Stafford and Calvin Johnson.

I have a real hard time holding Manning/Brees, et al of that level under 66%. A lower tier QB, even with the Ravens' less-than-stellar DBs can hold such QBs under 60% and usually get at least one pick.

And controlling top and bottom teir QBs - well, I'll just say I wish Josh Johnson would have whatever your Russell was having when he hit a post 70% of the time WITH a defense on the field! Maybe it's the broadcast view - changes how the passing game looks, but if I could complete a post 70% of the time...
The reason for varied results is b/c not everyone is using the same sliders. I've seen a major difference between P. Manning and J. Russell(in practice mode).
Whats cool is you can adjust the sliders, while in practice mode, which makes it easier/faster to see what the slider is doing.
Old 01-06-2010, 06:32 PM   #150
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfos81
The reason for varied results is b/c not everyone is using the same sliders. I've seen a major difference between P. Manning and J. Russell(in practice mode).
Whats cool is you can adjust the sliders, while in practice mode, which makes it easier/faster to see what the slider is doing.
Hmm...

Goes back to the age old question - what sliders settings show ratings and just ratings with as little manipulation as possible.
Old 01-06-2010, 08:58 PM   #151
Pro

Jump's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
I don't see what you see. When I'm using a guy like Russell, and read that the post is on, half the time I won't even throw it cus I'm scared he'll throw it to one of the safetys. I swear with bad QB's, I'm lucky to hit the receiver on a post 6 out of 10 throws.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2010, 02:12 PM   #152
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Hmm...

Goes back to the age old question - what sliders settings show ratings and just ratings with as little manipulation as possible.
Now that question will always be subjective.
Not everyone is at the same skill level, and whats even more important.
Everyone has a different idea of how a player w/ certain ratings should play. Most already know what I belive(including you), if they've seen the sliders forum.

Last edited by dfos81; 01-07-2010 at 02:15 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »