Home

every year same story... human passing game is too easy..

This is a discussion on every year same story... human passing game is too easy.. within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 01-10-2010, 02:09 AM   #153
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: every year same story... human passing game is too easy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
I agree with this and this is actually what I mean by throwing to a spot. Not just you throw it anywhere, but the lead sensitivity within reach of the WR's effort, BUT NOT the defender. It is hard to complete an out route in this game against man coverage unless you know how to rocket catch it. The DB always undercuts and picks it off. This is a velocity issue as well as a lead sensitivity issue.

Also the WR's lack explosiveness in route running. Too slow. I'm not going to get into that here, however, it should be something that the look into along with these other aspects of the passing game.
I agree on the out routes, I think the overpowered bump coverage has something to do with that too. There needs to be more off coverage in the game with the good CBs showing good closing speed and burst rather than running the WR's routes.

I also agree on the lack of WR burst. It takes way too long for a Deep In to develop for instance.
Old 01-10-2010, 02:23 AM   #154
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jump
I don't see what you see. When I'm using a guy like Russell, and read that the post is on, half the time I won't even throw it cus I'm scared he'll throw it to one of the safetys. I swear with bad QB's, I'm lucky to hit the receiver on a post 6 out of 10 throws.
Well keep in mind I'm not using any sliders. I don't use them because I primarily play the game online, so I never toy around with sliders.
Old 01-10-2010, 02:26 AM   #155
MVP

Palo20's Arena

For the people who want the throws to go to the spot rather than the WR, which I agree with, how would you simulate true hot routes? Madden hot routes are basically just pre snap audibles. Real hot routes read the blitz after the snap. We should be able to see the blitz and whip it to a WR quickly (this happens all the time in real life).

So how would that work? You can only threw early on a streak? Only WRs with good AWR will turn around? Maybe you designate one WR as 'hot' before the snap and you can throw to him any time, every other route needs to be timed perfectly. The good WRs will be able to adjust accordingly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2010, 02:33 AM   #156
MVP

Palo20's Arena

Option routes: need to be way more in the game. The QB should HAVE to direct the throw to the right option, not just press a button. Good WRs should be really good at reading coverage.

Most routes have built in options--Wes Welker's (and most slot WRs) entire game is built of option routes. Even outside WRs too, just more options needed everywhere.
Old 01-10-2010, 09:43 AM   #157
Rookie

OVR: 6

You touch on a very good point that everyone is missing... The passing game isn't just about the QBs. Everyone is concerned about the passing game of the QBs, but in real life there are a lot of factors that go into the passing game from, pass protections, all the way to db and wr interactions. The entire system has to be reworked in order to get this right.

Even if a QB throws a poor ball, some WRs are going to adjust to it perfectly and still make a huge play for the team... Jerry Rice.

Even if a QB makes a great play and the WR is in perfect position, a great DB can still come in a break it up... Ed Reed.

Even if you have a good QB and a great WR, if your line can't protect you, you can't do much... Stafford to Calvin Johnson Jr.

The problem is that the EA staff look at the game in the same manner that a lot of other people do... The passing game is all about how the QB does things, and only that.

You bring up a great point in awareness for WRs... And yes, option routes are huge in football... Even at high school, the first thing that they say, if the blitz in on, find a spot and turn around. Basic basic stuff... Antonio Gates, Tony G and Wes Welker are huge examples of this kind of thing.

And that's why you hear things like "the QB and the WR are really on the same page"... It'd be nice to see this kind of thing being brought into the game somehow as well... If you get a new WR, your QB may not link up with him as much as he would with a guy he's thrown to all his career or at least a few games/seasons...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »