Home

Have these things been fixed?

This is a discussion on Have these things been fixed? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-16-2010, 10:35 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Have these things been fixed?

Okay, not played a Madden game for a while due to all the bugs. Could someone please answer the following things:

1) Is the game realistic? Or do you still see games very heavy in pass yardage?

2) Are simulated stats realistic? Remember the years where 2,000 yard runners were frequent and the worst QB would through 8 INT's max.

3) Are generated draft classes correct? I don't live in the US and can't get NCAA so I have to stick with generated classes (unless someone has created some to import). I got fed up of 100 DE's in every draft,

4) Is online still full of cheaters?

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2010, 11:08 PM   #2
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Have these things been fixed?

after 3 patches.....

1) at times yes and at time no. its a game and not real life so things will not be equal to what we see in the NFL.
2) just finished a season and 2 guys went over 2,000 yds and 3 other were over 1,800 yds. J. Russell had 30 ints so I would say he is the worse.
3) the pre-loaded drafts are great. you can get steals in the draft. there is a good mix of players. most are clones of current/retired players.
4) will alway be. that is why i stay away from online play.

This game is not that bad. I get tired with it and go weeks/months with out playing it. I have only finished 3 season and that is about how far I will get.
Old 01-16-2010, 11:14 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncomaniac
Okay, not played a Madden game for a while due to all the bugs. Could someone please answer the following things:

1) Is the game realistic? Or do you still see games very heavy in pass yardage?

2) Are simulated stats realistic? Remember the years where 2,000 yard runners were frequent and the worst QB would through 8 INT's max.

3) Are generated draft classes correct? I don't live in the US and can't get NCAA so I have to stick with generated classes (unless someone has created some to import). I got fed up of 100 DE's in every draft,

4) Is online still full of cheaters?

Thanks.
1) Well...it's more realistic than in the past. Not really all the way there yet.

2) Unless you control all 32 teams in franchise, the stats are broken. They had small issues before the 2nd patch but then they completely ruined them. If you control all 32 teams and use the various sliders on this site, you can get semi realistic ones but there are still too many guys with 1800+ rushing yards and 20+ sacks.

3) Probably the one thing that you'll think is much improved is this. All the players are pre-made so it's accurate. However, since the names stay the same, after a few franchises you'll figure out who's going to be good and who isn't, so it ruins it a bit.

4) There's always going to be cheaters as long as there is online play.
Old 01-17-2010, 01:45 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Thanks for the answers guys.

So to summarise, it is worth getting providing I expect a semi-realistic Franchise experience at the minimum?
Old 01-17-2010, 04:36 PM   #5
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrew2411
after 3 patches.....

1) at times yes and at time no. its a game and not real life so things will not be equal to what we see in the NFL.
2) just finished a season and 2 guys went over 2,000 yds and 3 other were over 1,800 yds. J. Russell had 30 ints so I would say he is the worse.
3) the pre-loaded drafts are great. you can get steals in the draft. there is a good mix of players. most are clones of current/retired players.
4) will alway be. that is why i stay away from online play.

This game is not that bad. I get tired with it and go weeks/months with out playing it. I have only finished 3 season and that is about how far I will get.
just to correct one thing....there have only been 2 patches, not 3.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2010, 05:36 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncomaniac
Thanks for the answers guys.

So to summarise, it is worth getting providing I expect a semi-realistic Franchise experience at the minimum?
If you want a realistic franchise experience, go with Head Coach (although it will be rather out of date by now).

Don't go with Madden. Free Agency is a joke. The salary cap is a joke. 72 overall OL want 5 year, $27 million contracts. 70 overall corners want $3 mill a year at the least. It's fun only because it's the only option with updated rosters. The draft is okay. But, the fact that all the players' names stay the same means I'll always know that "Player A" will be an 84 with A potential and I can get him in the 6th round.
Old 01-18-2010, 05:21 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 4

The game is solid. I have a slider set that I'm really enjoying a lot. It's far from perfect but a nice step in the right direction. I've actually really enjoyed the offseason stuff and think the created draft classes are awesome. Stats can be a little goofy at times but nothing too outrageous. I play the game right out of the box. No patches.

Its a game, guys. You can't be THAT critical or else you're just ruining the experience for yourself.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »