Home

Top 25 Madden WRs

This is a discussion on Top 25 Madden WRs within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-31-2009, 03:44 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Top 25 Madden WRs

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangtangkiki
I play on All-Madden. What does having to be on this site for a little over a week have to do with my post? I know what I'm talking about.

Exactly CreatineKasey, I believe everyone believes what they want to see.
Tell me why this occurs:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbd9CLEnpis

Oh yeah, I forgot.. Man and Zone coverage matter right? No.
I play on All-Madden in unranked games
and play All-Pro (Default settings I believe) online..

Also, I don't understand why you showed me that. Obviously I play on a higher skill level if I've played 200 games, and have made a huge list of WRs. The slider that effects the speed of players is the player minimum speed threshold.. that is on default. I play online, which is All-Pro, 7 minute quarters, normal game speed, and default of all the other settings. I don't know if you've ever played Madden online, but you would understand that anyone that picks the Eagles, they win a lot because they can get the deep ball on DeSean Jackson, he outruns coverages, and breaks man coverage by outrunning an 80 speed corner with high man/zone coverage ratings.. Tell me why that Rick No Ankles can dominate while having 98 speed but no man / zone coverage skills?
What was the point of that video? To show that someone can pickoff a poorly thrown ball. That means nothing. The guy didn't even have to move to pick the ball off. He just backed up and jumped, and he didn't even jump that high.

But if what you are saying is true about speed being the only factor thats important and man and zone coverage doesnt matter, then Darrius Heyward-Bay (who plays WR for the Oakland Raiders and has 97 speed but 33 and 22 man and zone coverage) should be a better cornerback then 99 rated Nnamdi Asomugha (who plays for the same team but has 94 speed and 99 and 91 man and zone coverage). You really think a WR could be a better cornerback then the best cornerback on the game just because of speed. If you ever played Oakland you know that this guy is beast and he jumps almost every route. But if you truly believe that you need to turn in you copy of Madden and never post on this site again...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2009, 09:10 AM   #42
MVP

OVR: 55

Wang, that video showed a guy with an obvious intention to make a video showing M10 not working right. If he waits a half second longer he completes that pass with 10 yards separation, along with basically any other pass. You're seeing the wrong things there. Ratings do matter, bud.

In terms of discussing man coverage and speed, it matters what you believe is an appropriate time to get open. I've seen great DB's with less speed cover faster WR's on slants and such, but that advantage dissipates as the play continues. This is consistent with real life: nobody can be covered forever. If you apply this to M10, you see that coverage ratings DO apply and can trump speed. Speed applies moreso if the receiver gets off the line and beats the slower DB right away.... just like real life. I've had Hines Ward beat Asante Samuel and other top DB's on a slant route repeatedly in man bump coverage. How could this ever occur if you are correct? Samuel has like 10 points more in speed than Ward.

You see what you want to see. Also, I only play online also. It's at slow speed, not normal like you claim.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 12-31-2009, 09:16 AM   #43
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65

I can tell you for a fact that my "slow" Wr kevin Walters and my "slow" te Daniels, were wide open quite a bit last season.to each his own.
Old 12-31-2009, 02:40 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbomb1upc
What was the point of that video? To show that someone can pickoff a poorly thrown ball. That means nothing. The guy didn't even have to move to pick the ball off. He just backed up and jumped, and he didn't even jump that high.

But if what you are saying is true about speed being the only factor thats important and man and zone coverage doesnt matter, then Darrius Heyward-Bay (who plays WR for the Oakland Raiders and has 97 speed but 33 and 22 man and zone coverage) should be a better cornerback then 99 rated Nnamdi Asomugha (who plays for the same team but has 94 speed and 99 and 91 man and zone coverage). You really think a WR could be a better cornerback then the best cornerback on the game just because of speed. If you ever played Oakland you know that this guy is beast and he jumps almost every route. But if you truly believe that you need to turn in you copy of Madden and never post on this site again...
i play online and these is my line up for the bears. devin hester is my 1 cb and he is also my slot wr. the only reason i made him my number cb is because of his speed. he always out run the wr he is covering and he never drop any int. the only way people beat devin hester is on drag route, and he always make the tackle after the catch. i wont lie to you but i like devin hester more than any cb in madden.
Old 12-31-2009, 04:04 PM   #45
MVP

Pacman83's Arena

OVR: 16

Umm....what's Hester coverage ratings? Curious cause he used to play CB...wasn't that great but I'm sayin. And he doesn't drop the ball because he has pretty decent hands playin WR.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2009, 04:16 PM   #46
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacman83
Umm....what's Hester coverage ratings? Curious cause he used to play CB...wasn't that great but I'm sayin. And he doesn't drop the ball because he has pretty decent hands playin WR.
is ovr at cb is 64, but a 64 ovr should not be a short down cb.
Old 12-31-2009, 07:07 PM   #47
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbomb1upc

The point of that video was that the CB had 12 ability to play corner in man AND zone, but he was still able to be in the right position to make a pick, and jump (with 12 jump)..

You can believe what you want to believe. Before talking to me, try putting Heyward-Bey at CB at then talk to me.
Try not to be biased, because yet again, you are comparing this to real NFL. DO NOT BASE IT ON THEIR POSITION. Yes, obviously in the NFL, you would think a WR would never be able to cover as well as a shutdown corner. DON'T THINK OF IT THAT WAY. Ignore the position. 97 speed vs 94 speed covering a WR.

I say try not to be biased because I tried this switch, and on the first play the pass was completed to Brandon Marshall covered by Heyward-Bey. After that, he's shutdown Eddie Royal who has 94 speed compared to Bey's 97 speed. Try it yourself please. If Heyward-Bey was to continuously get burned, I would admit it, but he did not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDROMADA 1
I can tell you for a fact that my "slow" Wr kevin Walters and my "slow" te Daniels, were wide open quite a bit last season.to each his own.
Yes, this can happen a lot because you are being covered by slow LBs.. Even if you were being guarded by the fastest LB, it's a roll of the dice. LBs/CBs/Safties all get out of position several times a game, not matter how good they are, so you can easily take advantage of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
How?

That's a serious question. I can see him jamming a fast WR at the line, maybe even for a long time (which is probably the best thing for him to do with over the top help - like Cover 2/3 press or Man 2 and call for bump coverage at the line).
The How is a less than stellar coded product. I don't mean to hate on Madden. I have no ill-will towards Madden.. I love Madden. I play it several hours a day, it's just a few things on Madden do not work properly on All-Madden and maybe other difficulties.

I am testing Heyward-Bey and Nnamdi Asomugha right now as CBs.
On Slants, they both get beat by Brandon Marshall, which I wouldn't doubt.. The computer never threw to the right side when Nnamdi Asomugha was covering it, and now that Heyward-Bey is covering it, they still don't throw to it. It could be that they just wanna throw to Marshall.

Give me some more tests and I'll show the results. I want to make this as unbiased as possible. I know you may not believe me, but if you want you can try it yourself.

Last edited by wangtangkiki; 12-31-2009 at 07:30 PM.
Old 12-31-2009, 07:53 PM   #48

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingking77
Yeah, but Larry Fitz isn't even on this list... He always gets open, is fast as hell and catches EVERY THING!!! He's one of the most over rated player in the game this year, given how he's playing this year...

After that is Andre Johnson, but you have to know how to play him. He's a deep threat, but where he shines is in short little passes and running after the catch... And the fact that he's only a 98, while Larry was a 99, then they dropped Larry to a 98 and left Andre at a 98 as well is a sham... Even in real life, Andre has like 500 more yard and a ton more TDs then Larry Fitz.

After that Steve Smith IS the tops, but again, you have to know how to use him. Again short little passes with the odd long one... Also has one of the most amazing stiff arms in the game...

The old "speed kills" thing is more dead then it was in the past... Route running plays a huge part in how good the WRs are this year. Not having it in your list is a huge over sight.
Agreed. Route running is a important part of the recievers game. Gates isn't the fastest in the world and he's actually quite slow in madden. Gates puts up monster yards and he's not even really that much of a deep threat most of the time because, of his speed and acceleration. His route running is one of the most important abilities and is why he is a primary target for me espcially online (which is all I play really).

Also speed isn't everything and theres a big difference in M10. I've played the Eagles online multiple times(probably to many to count) and I've never had that much trouble with Desean or Maclin. Theres a big difference between M09 recivers and M10 recievers because, I haven't seen these speedy wide outs dominate so consistantly that defense doesn't matter. That goes for any wide out with with speed and a high route running ability.

Last edited by SouthernBrick; 12-31-2009 at 08:11 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »