Home

Has anyone got their kicker to a pro bowl?

This is a discussion on Has anyone got their kicker to a pro bowl? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-31-2009, 04:34 AM   #9
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Has anyone got their kicker to a pro bowl?

My kickers go to the pro bowl in every season I have played thus far. I'm using the Beginner PlayCalling to make the game more difficult though, thus I end up kicking a LOT of FGs.
Old 12-31-2009, 06:30 PM   #10
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3
i see. how are the RB averages? and how are the backup RBs totals and averages. the whole point of them increasing RB stats was to get backup RB stats, especially the ones who actually play IRL. are all the backup RBs gettin carries and yards or is mostly just the teams that have two capable RBs?
The backup carries seem to be scattered meaning that there seems to be no rhyme or reason, outside of injuries, as to which team is using a rotation of backs and who isn't.

From what I can tell, the primary backs get the bulk of the carries no matter who the team is.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 12-31-2009, 07:06 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
The backup carries seem to be scattered meaning that there seems to be no rhyme or reason, outside of injuries, as to which team is using a rotation of backs and who isn't.

From what I can tell, the primary backs get the bulk of the carries no matter who the team is.
Ugh...wasnt the the point of increasing rushing stats, to get the backups who actually play some stats?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2009, 08:46 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 36

Quote:
Ugh...wasnt the the point of increasing rushing stats, to get the backups who actually play some stats?
well you can manually get them more rushes with coaching scheme sliders.

Also, to answer your question about getting a HB to the pro bowl now post-patch. It is very difficult, but I've come close. Pre-patch, with an average year you'd make the pro bowl. Now I have to dominate the whole season to get to it. It is a challenge, and I kind of like it.
Old 01-01-2010, 12:38 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

I made it one year with Robbie Gould, he was 36 for 39 on field goals and 51 for 51 on extra points
Old 01-01-2010, 04:33 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
EA should of just throw the back-up runningbacks into different packages of the playbook. If you go to say I-Form Weak you would see Jonathan Stewart at the tail, but if you go to Strong you'd see DeAngelo Williams.
Old 01-01-2010, 12:31 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Koalition
EA should of just throw the back-up runningbacks into different packages of the playbook. If you go to say I-Form Weak you would see Jonathan Stewart at the tail, but if you go to Strong you'd see DeAngelo Williams.
They would screw that up so bad and have a bunch of guys in sets that they don't belong in. Smaller guys like Sproles would end up in goaline packages and power backs like Brandon Jacobs and Larry Johnson would end up in shotgun sets that are typically used in long yardage situations. The easier solution would be to allow us to to go and edit the way cpu teams distribute their carries instead of making us control all 32 teams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2010, 02:01 PM   #16
Pro

Bballplaya72's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
They would screw that up so bad and have a bunch of guys in sets that they don't belong in. Smaller guys like Sproles would end up in goaline packages and power backs like Brandon Jacobs and Larry Johnson would end up in shotgun sets that are typically used in long yardage situations. The easier solution would be to allow us to to go and edit the way cpu teams distribute their carries instead of making us control all 32 teams.
Agreed.

But after the 2nd patch, you HAVE to control all 32 teams if you want any resemblance of sim.

I have, and with Jaymee's coaching sliders, I have probably the best representation of stats that you can get with the broken patch.

Players still get too many sacks, rarely do RB's rush for over 2000 yards.

Now, they still average 6ypc, but that is broken and cannot be fixed. But with less carries (and more for backups) their total yardage isnt as bad. And QB's and WR's still have normal stats.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »