Home

3-4 vs. 4-3?

This is a discussion on 3-4 vs. 4-3? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-30-2009, 10:36 PM   #1
Rookie

MarkyMark78's Arena

OVR: 3
3-4 vs. 4-3?

I'm sure this topic has been discusses a lot but I wanted to get some opinions on this. I'm using KC in Franchise mode and in simulation my DE's both get 12 sacks + per season but when I play the actual games, I can rarely get a sack with them unless its a coverage sack. I thought they were supposed to fix the 3-4 so the OLB's get more sacks seeing as they are the ones that are supposed to be the pass rushers. Do I need to tweak any sliders or anything to get this more accurate? Or is running the 4-3 just a better way to get sacks anyways? Any input would be appreciated, thanks.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2009, 12:10 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: 3-4 vs. 4-3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark78
I'm sure this topic has been discusses a lot but I wanted to get some opinions on this. I'm using KC in Franchise mode and in simulation my DE's both get 12 sacks + per season but when I play the actual games, I can rarely get a sack with them unless its a coverage sack. I thought they were supposed to fix the 3-4 so the OLB's get more sacks seeing as they are the ones that are supposed to be the pass rushers. Do I need to tweak any sliders or anything to get this more accurate? Or is running the 4-3 just a better way to get sacks anyways? Any input would be appreciated, thanks.

I like the 3-4 because of the flexibility it gives me. After 2 games in my new franchise, i have 12 sacks total...both of my OLB's Harrison and Woodley have 2 apiece. And im not sure if 4-3 playbooks have the 1-5-5 D but its DEADLY on 3rd downs.
Old 12-31-2009, 01:50 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

simple.

get fast LB's with decent coverage skills such as Boss Bailey and Gary Guyton.
one hard hitting LB and one LB that is a lil bit of everything.

then i use the 1-5-5. its deadly against the CPU cuz they dont know how to defend against the speedy LB's who are supposed to be slow and low in coverage.

in any long yardage situation you can use any formation with 4 down lineman
Old 01-01-2010, 12:25 AM   #4
Rookie

MarkyMark78's Arena

Cool, thanks. I'll give that 1-5-5 a try, never really used it much.

Old 01-13-2010, 10:02 PM   #5
Rookie

MarkyMark78's Arena

Ok I'm using that 1-5-5 Defense and I still can't get sacks for jack lol. Either my LB's are just still too slow and don't have quite the skills yet or I'm doing something wrong. The 3-4 seems decent, I drafted Ndamukong Suh and put him at DE opposite Tyson Jackson with Ron Brace (trade from NE) at Nose Tackle. Suh has like 95 strength but he's quick off the ball and has solid stats in those areas. I guess my LB's just need work cause right now it's Tamba Hali and Clay Matthews at OLB, yes I traded a lot to get better :-p

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2010, 10:31 PM   #6
Rookie

When I was going through this process I played a few games with the top defenses of each. It at least gives you perspective of what's possible.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »