Home

Quick questions...

This is a discussion on Quick questions... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-30-2009, 03:11 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 7
Quick questions...

I'm new to the "next gen" Madden. Yes, I've played them but Madden 10 will be the first I've owned because I'm now just getting a new system(Xbox 360). Anyway, I been here for awhile and know about everything, one thing I never got to see was how the simmed stats were in franchise right out of the box and post patch 1. How bad were the rushing stats and passing stats that made it in need of a patch? Aswel as sacks and tackles I guess. I just want to know so I know what to compare patch 2 stats with. I would just sim myself to see, but i dont have the game yet.

Another thing are the draft classes from NCAA bigger than they were on PS2? Like are there more players per position in the draft class?

And one more is it possible to have a 97-99 speed player when using the NCAA draft classes. This was impossible on the PS2 because the players would all receive a speed drop by about 2-4 points. So a 99 speed player would be 95-97 in madden and so on. Do the players get speed drops? And are all the ratings when converted to Madden, are they proportional? I hate when certain ratings like stamina, injury, toughness, etc...would be random. I'll have a fast RB with high stamina come into madden with like 50 stamina and what not. Doesnt make any sense.

Also how are the players overall ratings when using NCAA draft classes? Are they high like they were on PS2?

Last edited by RavensFan2k3; 12-30-2009 at 03:38 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2009, 01:45 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Quick questions...

bump
Old 12-31-2009, 03:41 PM   #3
Pro

anyone???
Old 12-31-2009, 05:52 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3
I'm new to the "next gen" Madden. Yes, I've played them but Madden 10 will be the first I've owned because I'm now just getting a new system(Xbox 360). Anyway, I been here for awhile and know about everything, one thing I never got to see was how the simmed stats were in franchise right out of the box and post patch 1. How bad were the rushing stats and passing stats that made it in need of a patch? Aswel as sacks and tackles I guess. I just want to know so I know what to compare patch 2 stats with. I would just sim myself to see, but i dont have the game yet.

Another thing are the draft classes from NCAA bigger than they were on PS2? Like are there more players per position in the draft class?

And one more is it possible to have a 97-99 speed player when using the NCAA draft classes. This was impossible on the PS2 because the players would all receive a speed drop by about 2-4 points. So a 99 speed player would be 95-97 in madden and so on. Do the players get speed drops? And are all the ratings when converted to Madden, are they proportional? I hate when certain ratings like stamina, injury, toughness, etc...would be random. I'll have a fast RB with high stamina come into madden with like 50 stamina and what not. Doesnt make any sense.

Also how are the players overall ratings when using NCAA draft classes? Are they high like they were on PS2?
The sim stats are a little better now after patch 2, but they are still way out of line in regards to the number of rushers over 2000 yards and the sack totals. It's better I suppose than it was, but to claim they are improved and still have these issues is lame.

I've only messed with the draft classes a bit, but from what I saw they didn't seem much larger but maybe more properly balanced. Again, I haven't messed with them a lot.

As for attributes I can't talk about speed at all as I never got that detailed. For overalls though they greatly improved it from last year where you could easily see a few guys coming out in the 90s. Now you get a few random high 80s but for the most part its more in line with what you would expect.
Old 12-31-2009, 06:49 PM   #5
Pro

Sim stats are better now after patch 2, in your opinion? That sounds good. But I was asking whats the difference?

So draft classes are improved, are they better than the generated draft classes? Also does the CPU teams have better draft logic?

And if anyone knows about the speed drop off, it would help me out alot. I hated to have a player in NCAA the fasted player in the country, even if I didnt plan on drafting him, come into Madden at like 95 speed. That would mean that after all the players that already 98-99 speed are gone from the franchise mode, it was impossible to have a 99 speed player again, unless you use madden generated classes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2009, 08:49 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 36

If you use Jaymee13's coaching scheme sliders you get pretty realistic sliders. Much better than pre-patch.

If I were you, I'd probably use Madden draft classes. They have sleepers, while NCAA classes don't. Plus they do have those annoying speed drops, where a 99 speed guy drops to 89 randomly.
Old 01-01-2010, 02:04 AM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAllen20
If you use Jaymee13's coaching scheme sliders you get pretty realistic sliders. Much better than pre-patch.

If I were you, I'd probably use Madden draft classes. They have sleepers, while NCAA classes don't. Plus they do have those annoying speed drops, where a 99 speed guy drops to 89 randomly.
thanks for the help man. so what were the simmed stats like pre-patch 2?

also do CPU teams still only sign players who are not 1st round draft picks to 3 year deals?
Old 01-01-2010, 03:17 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3
thanks for the help man. so what were the simmed stats like pre-patch 2?

also do CPU teams still only sign players who are not 1st round draft picks to 3 year deals?
I personally preferred the sim stats before patch 2.

Problems before patch 2:
Rushing touchdowns were too low
3-4 OLBs weren't getting sacks. It was all DEs.
People say tackles were too high (I disagree, though I suppose they could've been lowered a bit)
Passing yards maybe slightly too high?

Problems after patch 2:
A few runners a year over 2000 yards. Rushing yards heavily inflated. Guys routinely having 300 yard games. Some guy said that AP had a 500+ yard game.
3-4 OLBs are getting sacks, but sack totals are too high. Several guys going over 20.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »