Home

Thanks for the patch, EA

This is a discussion on Thanks for the patch, EA within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2009, 07:20 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Thanks for the patch, EA

Thanks for that last patch. Offline franchise is pure hell for us sim gamers and stat freaks. I've tried toying around with the player & cpu sliders, and they seem irrelevant when it comes to CPU player stats in offline franchise. I've simmed about 20 separate franchises since the patch, and each time there has about about 20+ players with 1,000+ yards rushing, and about 5 with over 2,000 yards. There have been about at least 15 wide receivers with at least 100 receptions in each simmed franchise (which isn't TOO absurd, but come on..).

It seemed like the latest patch tweaked it a little too much. Please fix this, because offline franchise is completely unplayable for myself and many other gamers until it is fixed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2009, 07:20 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Thanks for the patch, EA

One question to the EA devs- do you guys, I don't know.. PLAY the game? Test it out? Ever?

I guess we're SOL since about a year ago you guys completely abandoned Madden 09 and left many glitches and bugs in existence (QB walk, anyone?).

Enjoy your next vacation, devs!
Old 12-31-2009, 07:38 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'm a big offline franchise guy and the outrageous RB stats are a disappointment. However, I've never let franchise-related issues plague my enjoyment.

A long time ago I stopped griping about video game glitches. It's important to suspend disbelief while playing any video games, regardless of genre.

It's no different than watching a graphically-enchanced movie. It's not realistic, but it's fun. Video games ARE NOT the real thing. They do not mimic real life and never will.

I'm probably in the minority, but I tend to not give a crap about these minor problems. I don't want to waste my own time bitching and complaining about it. As long as the game WORKS, which Madden 10 does, I don't care.

As for the EA guys, and their inability to fix these issues, I have a theory.

The developers DO NOT play multi-season franchise mode when testing a game. They'll focus on gameplay problems and weed out any cosmetic glitches in franchise mode, but I honestly do not believe they simmed 20 seasons and noticed the stats glitch.

Is it a damn shame and inexcusable? Definitely. I see why people are so upset, as am I, but I'm having a good time in franchise mode (Year 5 with the Eagles). That won't change ... even if Tom Brady wins his fifth straight MVP award.
Old 12-31-2009, 07:49 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty730
I'm a big offline franchise guy and the outrageous RB stats are a disappointment. However, I've never let franchise-related issues plague my enjoyment.

A long time ago I stopped griping about video game glitches. It's important to suspend disbelief while playing any video games, regardless of genre.

It's no different than watching a graphically-enchanced movie. It's not realistic, but it's fun. Video games ARE NOT the real thing. They do not mimic real life and never will.

I'm probably in the minority, but I tend to not give a crap about these minor problems. I don't want to waste my own time bitching and complaining about it. As long as the game WORKS, which Madden 10 does, I don't care.

As for the EA guys, and their inability to fix these issues, I have a theory.

The developers DO NOT play multi-season franchise mode when testing a game. They'll focus on gameplay problems and weed out any cosmetic glitches in franchise mode, but I honestly do not believe they simmed 20 seasons and noticed the stats glitch.

Is it a damn shame and inexcusable? Definitely. I see why people are so upset, as am I, but I'm having a good time in franchise mode (Year 5 with the Eagles). That won't change ... even if Tom Brady wins his fifth straight MVP award.
Thanks for the reply. I'm glad you're enjoying it, and I somewhat envy your ability to do so! I'm just a pessimist who is more than pissed from what seems like a lack of effort from the devs since the exclusive license.
Old 12-31-2009, 08:29 PM   #5
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Just an FYI, the offline franchise stat issues have been posted several times in the forum.

There is a search function on the top right of the forum.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2009, 08:33 PM   #6
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

There is a gripe Sticky
An Impressions Sticky
A Bugs/Glitches Sticky
and a patch Sticky

Use one of them and not clutter up the forum with redundant topics
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »