Home

Kicking game (FG) too easy for human player

This is a discussion on Kicking game (FG) too easy for human player within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 01-03-2010, 05:56 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Kicking game (FG) too easy for human player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blkcanes
I guess I will share my idea for the kicking game in future Maddens. do not let us see the Kickers ratings instead have a little graph that shows us where he most is accurate from and where he's best kicking the ball from, something like get in the inside of the 40.

Something across that line it makes it more interesting when you we are doing the 2 min drill and you want to get inside kicking range.

Yeah, why not give us a S/M/L accuracy for kickers and punters?

This is a good idea.
Old 01-03-2010, 10:43 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 55

I like APF - no meter, just timing and an arrow to aim. The arrow also moves side to side while lining it up. This, along with different snaps makes kicking hard because you don't always push forward at the same time to time the kick right. It mimics real life pretty well. No FG is a gimme in that game, and it's something M10 would benefit from.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 01-04-2010, 03:05 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 8

what i do is move the arrow either left or right, and then try to use the right stick and aim it the other direction. ex..im on the middle hash..i point the arrow to the left upright, then use the right stick to aim it the other way..so the arrow being left and the aim being right puts the actual kick down the middle...confusing but i cant explain it better than that lol

Xbox Live - SaveUs D2J
Old 01-04-2010, 03:09 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 2

Why not make the kick accuracy rating MATTER?

For example, if I use a QB with terrible throw accuracy, I can hit B and the QB will throw to the WR with "B" above his head, but it is likely to be way over his head or way out in front of him.

Why not do the same with the kicker? I might aim for the middle, but if my kicker has poor accuracy it is likely to hook right or left anf miss, regardless of what I do? The more accurate the kicker, the more his kick will jive with where I aimed.

Seems like the easiest solution.
Old 01-04-2010, 04:51 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 10

I've always complained about how easy it is to kick the ball. This is my idea of what it should be (i will use PS3 buttons):

1) User presses X to snap the ball

2) User presses X again to catch/hold the ball correctly. Success will be based on timing and long snapper rating

3) Right before the kicker's foot kicks the ball, the user flicks up (and ONLY up, not down and up) on the right stick. Success will be based on timing and direction. The timing of the flick will determine power. The direction of the kick will be based off of the direction of the flick.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2010, 02:16 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1

Playing Tiger Woods games has made kicking a joke. The only question is the distance....its never the aim. They should make long field goals 50 YDS +much harder to hit. I should not be able to make 15 58 yard field goals in a row. Either they need a whole new system, or they need to jack up the sensitivity....meaning that if the line is just a tad off the kick will shank that direction.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »