Home

Kicking game (FG) too easy for human player

This is a discussion on Kicking game (FG) too easy for human player within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-01-2010, 02:33 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Kicking game (FG) too easy for human player

Question....I play coach mode and have found a slider set that I am happy with...however, kicking FG for me is too easy and I'd like to make it more difficult for human attempts w/out making it to hard for CPU attempts.

How can I do this with only a single special teams slider set that effects both teams?

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2010, 02:52 PM   #2
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Kicking game (FG) too easy for human player

You can't, at least I don't know of any way. I don't adjust the arrow when I'm kicking field goals to try and add some difficulty to field goal attempts, but even then its not that difficult.

I'm hoping they adopt a new method for kicking field goals. I'd be content with them borrowing NFL 2k5's method.

The other thing I've thought about was eliminating any visual aids for kicking the ball and making the user depend on line of sight and analog stick.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 01-01-2010, 03:18 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

All Pro Football 2K8 had pretty much the perfect kicking system in terms of balancing the difficulty.

The reason kicking's so easy in Madden is that it's nothing more than a timing minigame.

The APF system, meanwhile, has the player battling the timing, velocity and direction of the kick, which is what makes it more of a consistent challenge.
Old 01-01-2010, 03:20 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

I guess what confuses me is with coach mode enabled the QB will throw for you...why not the same for the kicking game?

I'll try conutryboys suggestion about not moving the kicking arrow.

Any other ideas to make the FG game more challenging?

Thanks...
Old 01-01-2010, 03:38 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
You can't, at least I don't know of any way. I don't adjust the arrow when I'm kicking field goals to try and add some difficulty to field goal attempts, but even then its not that difficult.

I'm hoping they adopt a new method for kicking field goals. I'd be content with them borrowing NFL 2k5's method.

The other thing I've thought about was eliminating any visual aids for kicking the ball and making the user depend on line of sight and analog stick.
I'm not moving the arrow and playing on Broadcast mode (without using the R2 to use the "regular" view) and that's made it pretty difficult for me, especially with my FG Acc. slider at 20 I think it is.

But yeah, I'd be happy if they brought back the old Madden system where you had to hit the button inside of a box that changed based on the kicker's KAC and the slider governed the speed of the meter - and if you tried (or needed) a max power kick, you lost accuracy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakersville123
I guess what confuses me is with coach mode enabled the QB will throw for you...why not the same for the kicking game?

I'll try conutryboys suggestion about not moving the kicking arrow.

Any other ideas to make the FG game more challenging?

Thanks...

Maybe switch to broadcast mode just for kicking (and not using R2), not moving the arrow and kicking that way, then go back to your regular camera of choice for the rest of the game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
The APF system, meanwhile, has the player battling the timing, velocity and direction of the kick, which is what makes it more of a consistent challenge.
Yikes - now that sounds difficult!

Last edited by KBLover; 01-01-2010 at 03:40 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2010, 06:58 PM   #6
Rookie

ridemooses's Arena

OVR: 8

Just turn down FG accuracy, it's been better when I turned it down to about 35 or so maybe lower might be better. Even average kickers have outstanding accuracy, I don't understand why you even need a slider for that shouldn't it all be determined by the players stats?

Weird thing about power it seems like you either get a full power kick or like a 8/10ths power or you totally **** it up and get none. It needs to be more sensitive to your timing so you can still make long field goals without full power.
Old 01-01-2010, 07:18 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

I think the best remedy for 2011 is to have the arrow move across the screen and how fast the arrow moves should depend on the kicker's accuracy rating
Old 01-03-2010, 05:53 AM   #8
Rookie

Victor Fox's Arena

OVR: 6

I've always liked the idea for the power triangle to be very narrow for kickers with low KAC and very wide for high KAC. Basically, make it so all of the aiming is done with the right control stick to reward kickers with good ratings for acc and not just power.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »