Home

Little Help with NCAA Draft to Madden?

This is a discussion on Little Help with NCAA Draft to Madden? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-06-2010, 02:46 PM   #1
Rookie

Qbboy4's Arena

OVR: 1
Little Help with NCAA Draft to Madden?

So I have a created QB in NCAA who rates out a 96 his SR year with 93THP 96THA 91AWR but when he comes into the draft class he rates out at 55OVR with terrible SAC & DAC? What factors am I missing in creating him that is causing him to have such terrible ratings in Madden, or is it all just Random? Thanks for any help!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2010, 02:59 PM   #2
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Little Help with NCAA Draft to Madden?

I blieve height and weight play a big role in their OVR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qbboy4
So I have a created QB in NCAA who rates out a 96 his SR year with 93THP 96THA 91AWR but when he comes into the draft class he rates out at 55OVR with terrible SAC & DAC? What factors am I missing in creating him that is causing him to have such terrible ratings in Madden, or is it all just Random? Thanks for any help!
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 01-06-2010, 03:32 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

I may be wrong but I have a theory that the school they go to also has a bearing on their overall. I have seen guys that are 6'4-6'5 230-245, 90-99 OVR in NCAA come out horrible. One year I had two QB's in a draft that were projected as 5-7 and the rest were said to be undrafted. I noticed that smaller schools or schools that are not known to produce quality QB's in the NFL never seem to have QB's grade out well in the transfer to Madden. Again this is just a theory but it has held pretty true in my experience
Old 01-06-2010, 03:49 PM   #4
Rookie

Qbboy4's Arena

OVR: 1

hmmm... we he was a 6'2 215lb QB from Cincinnati so I guess he never really stood a chance.
Old 01-06-2010, 05:23 PM   #5
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Yeah Ian and Co.really drop the ball on this one. The rating logic for imported draft classes is completely screwed up this year. Why is a 99thp guy in the 60's and 70's when they go to M10. This makes no sense! If there's a third patch like NCAA the stats logic and imported class logic need to be corrected.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2010, 05:37 PM   #6
Rookie

fahrenheit's Arena

OVR: 7

Ive done the 09 draft a few times and I believe its completely random. One time I had Tebow come out with 86 ovr and A pot then in another hes rated a 56. Same with McCoy and a few other QB's. This wouldn't be as big of a problem for me if they kept the arm strength and accuracy somewhat the same and they gave good potential to later round players, it seems the only people worth drafting are in the first two rounds and after that you shouldn't bother.
Old 01-06-2010, 05:50 PM   #7
MVP

Pacman83's Arena

OVR: 16

Depends on size and stats. I dont get what size has to do with speed, agility, acceleration, and arm strength when they're all in the high 90's, but whatever. Make them prototype size, maybe 6'3"-6'6" and they keep most ratings, other than that i guess make sure stats are Beast.

I had a guy @ 5'9" play WR, won the Heisman, WR of the year, and Returner of the year, and transferred with 97 speed, great agility and jumping, etc, but it took a while for him to get his RR, catching, etc up to par, currently a 88 ovr, and since i use the Pats playbook, lots of screens and mid-deep passes makes him an all-pro...umm Steve Smith?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »