Home

URGENT ! 1ST ROUND SIGNING GLITCH ? sorry if someone already posted . . .

This is a discussion on URGENT ! 1ST ROUND SIGNING GLITCH ? sorry if someone already posted . . . within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 01-03-2010, 08:00 PM   #9
Rookie

bhackler's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: URGENT ! 1ST ROUND SIGNING GLITCH ? sorry if someone already posted . . .

Of all the things that is an issue in this game, the fact you have to let the CPU sign TAYLOR MAYS for you is the straw that broke the camels back? A little melodramatic me thinks.

I've had it happen with Lemarcus Taylor before but usually only when i have a legit RB and try to sign him.

I feel like this is just a refusal to sign with a team. A tad glitchy, but I just chalk it up to the equivalent of Eli demanding to not go to Chargers or Elway saying he'd play baseball instead of playing for the Colts. Or Bo Jackson actually PLAYING baseball instead of playing for the Bus.

Last edited by bhackler; 01-03-2010 at 08:02 PM.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:23 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhackler
I feel like this is just a refusal to sign with a team. A tad glitchy, but I just chalk it up to the equivalent of Eli demanding to not go to Chargers or Elway saying he'd play baseball instead of playing for the Colts. Or Bo Jackson actually PLAYING baseball instead of playing for the Bus.
Would be nice if that actually happened (i.e. you try to sign the guy and he says "Screw you") instead of it actually being a game bug, imo.

Actually put that in the game - not just have us players make up "backstory" to explain a glitch.
Old 01-04-2010, 01:17 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhackler
Of all the things that is an issue in this game, the fact you have to let the CPU sign TAYLOR MAYS for you is the straw that broke the camels back? A little melodramatic me thinks.

I've had it happen with Lemarcus Taylor before but usually only when i have a legit RB and try to sign him.

i think its a glitch . even if it wasnt its a bad attempt at making the game look realistic , at least in past maddens itll say holdout and plus ths off season kirk morrinson refused and refused to come to my team . ive defended EA and madden time and time again but this is just crazy . Taylor Mays appeared on the rams for 1 year 900K lmfao ! i let the CPU sign him and it destroyed my cap room because of his BS contract .

and in the end , EA doesnt care .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2010, 02:39 PM   #12
MVP

Saber's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Would be nice if that actually happened (i.e. you try to sign the guy and he says "Screw you") instead of it actually being a game bug, imo.

Actually put that in the game - not just have us players make up "backstory" to explain a glitch.
Not sure how close this would be to that, but I've had several instances when using the Lions that I would pick say 5th or 6th and ended up paying the highest contract in the draft because a guy wasn't interested in signing unless he got well over slot.
Old 01-04-2010, 02:59 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

I use the Bills so I run into the occasional problem with a player not signing with me for ANY amount of $$ until I make the playoffs for a couple of years.

I have never had this happen in the actual draft though.

I did have to pay my top pick QB Noah Wyoming WAY more $$ than anyone else (and I drafted him #5 overall)... But I chalked it up to my rebuilding project and the fact that my team currently stunk. Plus I plan on him earning every penny.

I wish it said "My player is not going to waste his career in ____" or something like that, so at least you knew why this was happening.
Old 01-04-2010, 03:19 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saber
Not sure how close this would be to that, but I've had several instances when using the Lions that I would pick say 5th or 6th and ended up paying the highest contract in the draft because a guy wasn't interested in signing unless he got well over slot.
Would be interesting and nice if that was the case. If the interests system works for draftees as well.

As long as it happens to the CPU teams as well anyway.
Old 01-04-2010, 04:56 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 7

same thing happened to me with taylor mays.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2010, 01:57 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2

not only taylor mays but also a star RB in the Generated Classes

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »