Home

What team to use and not look like a cheeser?

This is a discussion on What team to use and not look like a cheeser? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2010, 02:47 PM   #9
MVP

Saber's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: What team to use and not look like a cheeser?

Eh, I'm not sure any teams are "cheese" now. Granted there are a lot of teams that would be better to use then say the Lions or the Rams, but each team has some flaw which can be exposed. Take the Vikings offense, I've noticed all of their big time offensive players have the occasional penchant for fumbling, and their back 7 on defense is hardly to be feared. Now AD was as close to cheese as you could get on the game when it dropped, and he won't be fun to try to defend but it can be done.

In short, pick who you like and have fun!
Old 01-04-2010, 05:15 PM   #10
Rookie

Tylerazevedo's Arena

OVR: 2

Play your own game. They only call you a cheeser cuz they can't beat you.
}
Old 01-04-2010, 06:13 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 10

It's only cheese if you choose the patriots and rocket catch with Moss all day. It's not cheese if you choose the patriots and Moss ends up with 5 receptions for the game.
Cheese = style of play
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2010, 06:21 PM   #12
Pro

jacory12's Arena

OVR: 12

Packers, they don't look good but they are very tough. They have probably one of the best defenses on madden and can stop both pass and run. They also have a good back and recievers to keep their offense moving. They also have a pretty good o playbook if used right. But mostly, to be good you need football smarts because you need to know what to call and when to call them. Good players can beat the colts with a poor team.
Old 01-04-2010, 06:27 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 0

Just find a few teams at different levels. Have a 90's team, a couple of 80's teams, and 70's team. Pick a team around the same as the other guy, or ask them to pick a better team.

But picking a team itself is not cheese. Take skill level into consideration. If you are already a lot better than your opponent, take a team that is down a level from them.
Old 01-04-2010, 08:07 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

Why not just pick a team with a similar rating to your opponent if they pick their team first? If I'm playing head-to-head that's what my friends and I usually do.

To answer your questions specifically though, I'd say play your favorite team. Any team can beat any team in Madden from my experience. I usually play as the Jags online and do decent against all teams. Some teams give me a lot of trouble though, namely the Cowboys. I seem to usually cream the Vikings though.
Old 01-05-2010, 04:54 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 21

I play sim as the my hometown Pats, so I really have an interesting dilemma.

If I pull a Belichick and go for it on crazy 4th downs, or pass out of shotgun 20 plays in a row, it looks like cheese... Therefore, I play a more standardized "sim" gameplan and avoid that style to kill the debate in advance.

I don't care how good or bad the Pats are rated, I've been using them since they were terrible in Madden 2000, and I'm not going to let some bums call me a cheeser for picking my home team.

• PSN ID: MaddenDew
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »