Home

*Official Madden NFL 11 Info Thread*

This is a discussion on *Official Madden NFL 11 Info Thread* within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-15-2010, 02:54 AM   #49
Pro

Dbrentonbuck's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: *Official Madden NFL 11 Info Thread*

First I want to thank the OP for doing this again. I know this takes a lot of work to keep organized.

My guess is the new Madden will have some hokey motion controls to work with the two new projects Sony and Xbox are coming out with.

I don't know of anything that "no one will see coming". I mean there are guys who just sit around posting wishes for madden... I am sure they have hit on about everything.

If it isn't motion stuff, then I promise you it is something that will cost more money in the game.
Old 01-15-2010, 05:24 AM   #50
Rookie

nighttrain32's Arena

OVR: 5

The thing that I don't understand is why Madden has taken this direction in the first place. The PS2 is kick the next gen's @$$ in just about everything offline like franchise and create-a-play.

Anyways, it would be nice to see what EA has planned for the future and hopefully the Madden Devs are putting in overtime to make the last gen and 2K fans rejoice, as well as sim style gamers. If the announcement is that Madden Arcade with motion controls is the new direction, I'm base jump the Grand Canyon without a parachute.
Old 01-15-2010, 06:40 AM   #51
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Masta J
So far, I've seen two types of responses to this news:

1) Oh crap!!! They're abandoning sim-stlye COMPLETELY!!!!!! OMG! Madden is going to be like blitz!!!! WE ARE DOOMED!!! SHIIIIIIIITTT!

and

2) Holy geepers, creepers, "innovative Madden?" This can only mean one thing! They have a new physics engine! And they got rid of Hammond! And all of the problems from before are fixed! OMG!

I'll take a different approach- i'll wait and see. All assuming ever does, especially in the case of Madden, is leave you disappointed (or I guess pleasantly surprised in some cases). I got too hyped up the last cycle to go through it again.
Yeah, I have doubts it's either of those things.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2010, 01:47 AM   #52
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

I like madden 10 this year accept. 3 things that still bug me.
1. is the force back passing has to do has to go. It gives me a complete headache.
2. The human oline blocking needs to be improve better.
3. The AI defending the pass perfectly everytime is complete bull. The AI seems to always have 2-3 defenders around the ball everytiime you throw is to a WR. Which to me is not realism. Needs to be addressed for madden11.
Old 01-18-2010, 07:44 PM   #53
Pro

OVR: 16

http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/106/1061725p1.html

This possibly could be part of the 'innovative' part of Madden 11 I think. I would hope that PS3 versions would do this too.
Old 01-18-2010, 11:19 PM   #54
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

In truth a whole new engine would be disastrous. Think madden 07 again on the 360. They've built on the engine they have now. And they may have 8 more years to build on it. It could be 2018 before we get our next generation of consoles. And they haven't even maxed the potential of this generation. So they should build on what they have. Year to year improvement is amazing so far this generation. Unfortunately it got off to a rocky start. But now we have the right team in place to give us what we want. Like rookie head coach who just misses the playoffs and now is a playoff contender.
Old 01-20-2010, 12:36 PM   #55

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost

Honestly, now that I think about it, I think they should just change the name from Madden to simply NFL 2011. Seriously, the only presence Madden has on this game is when you have him select your plays (which I have never done in the history of the franchise).
If EA introduces a new physics engine that truly enhances the game and creates true momentum behind player movements, then yes, I think they could possibly change the game's name. Nothing to this point has been able to really separate Madden the game from Madden. EA has the long history of the Madden brand and then of course the NFL that carries its worth. Nothing the game has done since its inception has really been anything truly "innovative." Maybe the Online Franchise feature, but that is extremely bare bones and does have its issues.

I do feel that Madden 10 changed its position and allowed some separation from previous versions that introduced silly things like the Josten ring etc. The M10 team cut those things out and didn't add something just as silly to replace it. Instead, they focused on things like the Online Franchise and Pro-Tak. I sort of wish Pro-Tak was never named. There's no need to talk it up like they do. Put it in the game and let it prove itself. In my opinion the change in tackling is substantial enough to hold its own without giving it its own name.

Whatever meaning (if there even is one) the "innovative" reference holds, this Madden 10 game suffers from a physics problem. Players still shift unnaturally and slide across the field. Simply look at the dull stance and twitching an offensive lineman will do while anticipating the block. Watch a receiver break on the ball. He'll appear to slide 2 yards to make the catch. Movement is missing from instances that should have better momentum involved. Almost every punt return and kick off results in the returner doing that second effort animation while still standing. There are several other issues. In fact, in speaking for myself, it is the things like options at the line of scrimmage that save this game for me. Those things are very nicely done. when you get to the core of the gameplay though, the actual player movement in Madden has always been unnatural and lacking a true representation of how movements work in the human body.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2010, 01:26 PM   #56
MVP

marshallfever's Arena

OVR: 13

Last Year Ian and company did say that they would like a lot more community input which is why they started trickling down information much earlier which is what probably going to happen this year.

Personally, i loved Madden 10. It did a lot of things right, however the atmosphere was still missing and the franchise did nothing for me. Truthfully the game of course needs to be to be upgraded in terms of A.I etc but i don't know what else they could do to make it different. This new talk of Innovation is just what the doctor ordered in my opinion; something out of left field no one saw coming.

I'm gamed

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »