Home

What do you expect/want to hear about next month regarding Madden 11?

This is a discussion on What do you expect/want to hear about next month regarding Madden 11? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-05-2010, 02:34 AM   #9
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: What do you expect/want to hear about next month regarding Madden 11?

Progressive Lighting.
Old 01-05-2010, 06:00 AM   #10
Rookie

havokeff's Arena

OVR: 3

A more in depth depth chart.
Not just 'Hur Hur LOLB, MLB, ROLB'. There are Weak Side LBs and Strong Side LBs. Not every 6'1" 240 LB can play in the middle in a 3-4 like Patrick Willis. (Ray Lewis suffered in the 3-4 for a few years before he got the hang of it) So there should be a difference between 3-4 LBs and 4-3 LBs noted somewhere and there should be consequences for playing players in schemes that don't suit them.

Same for Receivers. There is more to the position than just Starter, Starter, 2nd String etc.
Someone like Randy Moss, is not going to excel at the slot position, whereas some one like Wes Welker is not going to excel at the out side positions.

This applies to a few more positions, (LCB, RCB, Nickle) but you get the idea.

A situational depth chart is needed. If you have a 4-3 package in a predominately 3-4 scheme, then you need a position for End, as in that package the regular 3-4 End slides into the tackle spot, you don't (for the most part) just 'Insert Back Up DT Here' as the game does. Basically, you need 3rd Down options ala the 3rd Down Back position for almost all the positions except QB and offensive line.

Even more breakdown of the ratings. They are on the right track with the Passing Accuracy stats, but they need to be applied to more positions and individual ratings. For instance, Kyle Boller has one of the stronger arms in the NFL in terms of distance throwing, but Jay Cutler has one of the stronger arms in terms of velocity so like with accuracy, the stat should be broken down much further than just Throwing Power.

I digress though, as I am getting more into Wish List territory and not really what I actually expect to hear, although it is what I want to hear.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:35 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercharger
i'd like for them to stop focusing on the damn online. A majority of players play offline and the offline this year is just defunct.
Make OFFline franchise as deep as HC09 and allow us the ability to change teams in the middle of a franchise
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2010, 11:50 AM   #12
MVP

DGuinta1's Arena

OVR: 29

Improve the game engine, AI, blocking, running animation, etc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »