Home

Old 01-04-2010, 09:13 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 5
Anyone else? Becoming unbearable

After the patch they fixed the amount of spot measurement cutscenes and then added WAY TOO MANY "No catch" cut scenes.....you know the one where the refs run together on the sidelines and stare each other down while declaring emphatically "NO CATCH"....meanwhile the reciever was about 5 years in bounds....no challenge.....It's almost to the point where it's unplayable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2010, 09:22 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Anyone else? Becoming unbearable

If it really is bothering you THAT much, I recommend a break from videogames (or at least from Madden) to regain a sense of perspective.
Old 01-04-2010, 09:47 PM   #3
I bent my Wookiee!

alifeincomplete's Arena

OVR: 11

Oh, I've got better ones than that... on two occasions now (I saved the highlights and will upload them), the computer has challenged and overruled touchdown passes of mine for literally no reason. We're not talking back-of-the-end-zone catches here, either. Both of these were in the middle of the end zone without any single reason to overturn it. But they did. Funkier yet: the scoreboard reflected their overrule, but the scoring summary didn't.
Old 01-04-2010, 10:33 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodMeridian
After the patch they fixed the amount of spot measurement cutscenes and then added WAY TOO MANY "No catch" cut scenes.....you know the one where the refs run together on the sidelines and stare each other down while declaring emphatically "NO CATCH"....meanwhile the reciever was about 5 years in bounds....no challenge.....It's almost to the point where it's unplayable.
The ones I've seen a lot of lately are when the receiver is just about in the first row and they do the get together (even behind the benches...) and all it a GOOD catch.

Of course, it really was incomplete as the game gets the down right (say it was 3rd and 3, it will be 4th and 3) even though the refs said it was good.

I never saw that before patch 2. Now I haven't seen the one where the receiver will be clearly in bounds and it's incomplete. I do see a lot of incomplete calls when it's close to the sideline, but some are called (and actually "recorded" as good) - in fact, I challenged one, the replay showed the toe of the WR was out of bounds, but it was still upheld - so challenges are still random (if that, I guess).
Old 01-05-2010, 05:23 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
The ones I've seen a lot of lately are when the receiver is just about in the first row and they do the get together (even behind the benches...) and all it a GOOD catch.

Of course, it really was incomplete as the game gets the down right (say it was 3rd and 3, it will be 4th and 3) even though the refs said it was good.

I never saw that before patch 2. Now I haven't seen the one where the receiver will be clearly in bounds and it's incomplete. I do see a lot of incomplete calls when it's close to the sideline, but some are called (and actually "recorded" as good) - in fact, I challenged one, the replay showed the toe of the WR was out of bounds, but it was still upheld - so challenges are still random (if that, I guess).
Hmmmmm interesting, I've never checked to see if they were recorded as catches or not. I tried challenging one today where I was clearly in bounds but the no catch was upheld. I'm talking taking 2 or 3 steps in bounds before stepping out.....maddening but hey....what can you do. It happens to the CPU quite often as well and even though it helps me it still irks me every time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2010, 09:07 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by born_bad
If it really is bothering you THAT much, I recommend a break from videogames (or at least from Madden) to regain a sense of perspective.
reply like these are not neccecary. it wont hurt any body if people can act like a ****ing growing up.

back to the topic
happen to me alot online and i have seen these happen to several people online i hope it get fixed.
Old 01-09-2010, 11:47 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by thechamp2009
reply like these are not neccecary. it wont hurt any body if people can act like a ****ing growing up.

back to the topic
happen to me alot online and i have seen these happen to several people online i hope it get fixed.
??????? what's up with the grammar???
Old 01-10-2010, 12:19 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 55

I'm getting sick of the animations. I'm starting to just look away during them... kind of like commercials lol.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »