Home

Have you ever been slaughtered twice by same team in same season?

This is a discussion on Have you ever been slaughtered twice by same team in same season? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-07-2010, 04:12 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Have you ever been slaughtered twice by same team in same season?

Ahhhhh, the sweet taste of revenge. Just beat the stuffin out of the Packers in my Franchise. Final SEA 45 GB 21!

I held them to 17 yards in the first Quarter while I ran up almost 200 yards. For the game I ended up with 461 in total offense. 74 rushing and 387 passing. Halfway through the 4th Quarter I put one of their guys on the Medical Cart and I cheered quite lustily as he was carted off, I might add. They hurt so many of my guys last year. Anyway, they ended up with 250 yards of total Offense, 56 rushing (Grant killed me last season), and 194 passing. I held the ball for 32:49 seconds while they had it for 15:11. Remember last game they only let me play for about 13 minutes. Oh, and I got 2 sacks.

Aaron Rodgers is a whale of a QB on this game, I might add.

BTW, did I mention it was Pre-Season? Oh well, I don't care if it was in the back pasture after Thanksgiving Meal, those dudes had to go down and go down hard. Too bad it was like a 5th string rookie 64 OVR receiver that went down... LOL!
Old 01-07-2010, 05:53 PM   #18
MVP

Pacman83's Arena

OVR: 16

Preseason Satisfaction...it does exist!^
Old 01-07-2010, 06:17 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 38

The Cowboys!!.... I only had 3 losses in my Packers Franchise, but then I loss to the Cowboys 30-20. Then in the Divisional Playoffs I meet them a again and I just loss 34-16.
Old 01-07-2010, 07:30 PM   #20
Rookie

Victor Fox's Arena

OVR: 6

The best part about playing the Cowboys is hearing Collinsworth fellate Tony Romo via commentary. One of my favorites from '09 that I'm pretty sure is still in '10 is "Tony Romo... is just such a great story. He's got this 'aw shucks' smile, kind of a 'can't believe this is happening to me' look on his face... but week in, and week out, this guy comes to play."
Old 01-07-2010, 07:44 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor Fox
The best part about playing the Cowboys is hearing Collinsworth fellate Tony Romo via commentary. One of my favorites from '09 that I'm pretty sure is still in '10 is "Tony Romo... is just such a great story. He's got this 'aw shucks' smile, kind of a 'can't believe this is happening to me' look on his face... but week in, and week out, this guy comes to play."
Until January that is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2010, 07:46 PM   #22
Rookie

Victor Fox's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFCBeast55
Until January that is.
Oh snap.
The UCLA Bruins

And I'm moving to Chicago so...
The Green Bay Packers!
Old 01-07-2010, 07:55 PM   #23
Y.N.W.A

Rexis's Arena

OVR: 25

The Cardinals and Kurt Warner are always walking over me in my St. Louis Rams franchise. Good thing he's retired; I'll take Matt Leinart any day.

LiverpoolFC Atlanta Falcons Atlanta Hawks Atlanta Braves Kobe Bryant
Old 01-08-2010, 03:01 AM   #24
Banned

OVR: 2

The Falcons are the one that always get me. Not twice in a season, but each post-season. I play as the 49ers.

My first season, I lost to them in the Wild Card by 5 points. I draft well, get a little better.

Season 2, I lost to them in the wild card by 3.

Season 3 I had a bunch of injuries and missed the playoffs. I draft well again.

Season 4, We meet in the NFC Championship. They beat me by 3 again (would have been OT, but I missed a 48 yd fg in the rain. In the offseason, I do some great drafting and really improve my defense.

Season 5, my team is finally a powerhouse. Running all over the average teams, holding my own with the elite teams. Playoffs come around...and the Eagles beat the Falcons before I could play them.

I go on to win the Super Bowl (finally), but it's a shallow victory because I haven't beaten Atlanta in the playoffs. Maybe next season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »