Home

End zone toe tapping?

This is a discussion on End zone toe tapping? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-10-2010, 06:21 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: End zone toe tapping?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfos81
Hold down on right analog stick and triangle(ps3), for the possession catch animation.
I think it may have more to do w/ the Qbs throwing abilities and how the trajectory of the ball is thrown to the the sideline.
I've read that to do this animation, you must tap catch button, instead of holding it like a possession catch.
I've done it a few time in practice mode and it worked when I held down on the right analog and either tapped or held the catch button, not touching the left stick at all.
So really its a combo of the pass thrown and stick skills to switch and hold down on the right stick while hitting the catch button.

Heres a few videos of it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7G3A4TsUeA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRCKTmtET9Y
Quote:
Originally Posted by dantheman20112
when ur about to catch the ball push the hit stick up and he will turn straight up with no bit leaps thats the best way i can think of
Whoa...what are you two guys talking about? Using the right anaglog stick while catching? Tell me more...
Old 01-10-2010, 07:26 PM   #18
Pro

MrSkagTrendy's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfos81
Hold down on right analog stick and triangle(ps3), for the possession catch animation.
I think it may have more to do w/ the Qbs throwing abilities and how the trajectory of the ball is thrown to the the sideline.
I've read that to do this animation, you must tap catch button, instead of holding it like a possession catch.
I've done it a few time in practice mode and it worked when I held down on the right analog and either tapped or held the catch button, not touching the left stick at all.
So really its a combo of the pass thrown and stick skills to switch and hold down on the right stick while hitting the catch button.

Heres a few videos of it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7G3A4TsUeA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRCKTmtET9Y
I am not being funny, but this game is in what, it's 21st year or something?

We should NOT have to be doing stupid, glitchy button combinations in order to simply get two bloody feet down to stay in bounds. It's not like we're trying to make one handed catches in double coverage - sure, a receiver may not get both feet down every time, but I can guarantee you that any receiver will ALWAYS try and get two feet down if they are near the sideline or back of the endzone, without fail. every damn play. Why is this not the case in Madden? Come on EA, you can do it!
Old 01-10-2010, 09:50 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 3

EA needs two basic toe tapping situations. The last time toe tapping had a noticeable presence in the game, receivers would be falling over while still in bounds - basically, it would occur too far in bounds. Here's the two animations they need:

1. The animation as we know it now where the receiver puts two toes down and falls over out of bounds. Shouldn't happen any further than a foot or two from the sidlines.

2. A new animation where the receiver just makes an effort to take shorter steps. Doesn't need to fall over or anything, just quicker steps. Those long strides post-catch really kill those awesome plays for me.
Old 01-10-2010, 09:56 PM   #20
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSkagTrendy
I am not being funny, but this game is in what, it's 21st year or something?

We should NOT have to be doing stupid, glitchy button combinations in order to simply get two bloody feet down to stay in bounds. It's not like we're trying to make one handed catches in double coverage - sure, a receiver may not get both feet down every time, but I can guarantee you that any receiver will ALWAYS try and get two feet down if they are near the sideline or back of the endzone, without fail. every damn play. Why is this not the case in Madden? Come on EA, you can do it!
I agree, but I've seen elite WR's do it themselves w/o any button combos. Now, I guess EA belives to do it w/ an average WR, you should have to do the button combo/user catch.
Old 01-11-2010, 12:49 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 1

besides too rarely triggering the toe tap animation, the other thing that is messed up is the algorithm that determines in or out of bounds.

if your hands take the ball into out of bounds airspace during the catch, you're out, no matter what. Last night i got called out, and when i went to watch the replay after my failed challenge, the replay stopped before my second foot even touched the ground. why? cause it stops at the exact moment the ball had crossed the in bounds line at the back of the endzone.

that algorithm works fine for determining ball spot when u run out of bounds, but they should be using a different method when determining catch or no catch. everybody and their little brother knows that all you need are 2 feet and complete possession of the ball to establish a catch. the ball can be anywhere.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2010, 07:28 PM   #22
Pro

MrSkagTrendy's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornWithRage
everybody and their little brother knows that all you need are 2 feet and complete possession of the ball to establish a catch. the ball can be anywhere.
Clearly, EA don't.
Old 01-16-2010, 09:23 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 6

The real question I have is, "IF even the most pedestrian of WRs in NCAA can do the toe tap without any manual assistance, why can't anyone in the NFL do it?" I further this question by simply stating that in high school, we had guys who could do this ALL the time, and did it on a regular basis. Once I got to college, EVERYONE could do it, without acception, and I was at a ****ty little college, let alone what the guys in a Div 1 team could do... I coach guys in my Bantams team that can do it... It's such a basic part of the position that it shouldn't even be a command... Like taking the hand off with your RB... It' what they do.
Old 01-16-2010, 01:12 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 3

The toe tap animation happens sometimes in the back of the endzone, at least i've seen it, but maybe i play more madden then you guys so i'd see it more often.
Texas Longhorns!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »