Home

I can't decide...

This is a discussion on I can't decide... within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2010, 11:50 PM   #9
MVP
 
Pacman83's Arena
 
OVR: 16
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Re: I can't decide...

Quote:
Originally Posted by romo_maniac
Anybody know the answer to my question?

Thanks
Yea...they do...some are off. But not bad.
Pacman83 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 12:39 AM   #10
MVP
 
Pacman83's Arena
 
OVR: 16
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Re: I can't decide...

Good QB's are the prototype size, good RB's have high trucking like Charles Scott & Legarrette Blount. But heres some of what i've seen:

George Selvie USF/DE/84 ovr/29th pick/B Pot/1 Pro Bowl

Stefan Johnson USC/HB/83 ovr,/2nd Rd/B Pot/0 Pro Bowls

Marcus White Fla St./DE/84 ovr/2nd Rd/B Pot/1 Pro Bowl

Brandon Graham Mich/DE/78 ovr/3rd Rd/B pot/10 Sacks last yr in 8 games

Tim Tebow Fla/QB/71 ovr (dropped from 78 being in FA)/3rd Rd/B pot/NFL OROY
19 TD's/8 INT

Javier Arenas Ala/CB/80 ovr!/4th Rd/B pot/Nothing special, starting, max 3 INT a yr
98 Man Cov/90 Zone

Zac Robinson Ok St./QB/78 ovr/4th Rd/B pot/Starts for Carolina/74.7 QB Rating last yr
18 TD/ 11 INT

Golden Tate ND/WR/77 ovr/3rd Rd/B pot/Lost A LOT of speed (88)/Been on a team every year (5 years)

Roddrick Muckelroy Tx/LB/79 ovr/3rd Rd/B pot/1 Pro Bowl

Ryan Dimperio Rutgers/LB/80 ovr/3rd Rd/B pot/High awr, 99 tkl


And these are the players i didn't adjust. I adjusted maybe 15-25 players to improve drafts, because they aren't the 'right' size, etc.
Ratings are after 5 years in the Pros, some have dipped as most players are near 30. But you can see that after the 3rd round talent is sparse. I found 3 decent 4th rounders from that draft (one not counted cause he's a WR on my team). All in all, whatever draft you make is the draft you get, so watch stats & attributes in Ncaa, thats all i can tell you the rest is a guess.
Pacman83 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 01:56 AM   #11
Pro
 
OVR: 7
Join Date: Sep 2003
Re: I can't decide...

Quote:
Originally Posted by romo_maniac
Anybody know the answer to my question?

Thanks
Hey my bad, yeah it does. Like the other two have said they are off, but they've always been somewhat off...somewhat. I remember in Madden 08, Madden made Joe Flacco black for some reason. I just realized that you can't edit hair in this game...WTF!!! I can't even choose what kind of hair I would want for a created player...what the hell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacman83
Good QB's are the prototype size, good RB's have high trucking like Charles Scott & Legarrette Blount. But heres some of what i've seen:

George Selvie USF/DE/84 ovr/29th pick/B Pot/1 Pro Bowl

Stefan Johnson USC/HB/83 ovr,/2nd Rd/B Pot/0 Pro Bowls

Marcus White Fla St./DE/84 ovr/2nd Rd/B Pot/1 Pro Bowl

Brandon Graham Mich/DE/78 ovr/3rd Rd/B pot/10 Sacks last yr in 8 games

Tim Tebow Fla/QB/71 ovr (dropped from 78 being in FA)/3rd Rd/B pot/NFL OROY
19 TD's/8 INT

Javier Arenas Ala/CB/80 ovr!/4th Rd/B pot/Nothing special, starting, max 3 INT a yr
98 Man Cov/90 Zone

Zac Robinson Ok St./QB/78 ovr/4th Rd/B pot/Starts for Carolina/74.7 QB Rating last yr
18 TD/ 11 INT

Golden Tate ND/WR/77 ovr/3rd Rd/B pot/Lost A LOT of speed (88)/Been on a team every year (5 years)

Roddrick Muckelroy Tx/LB/79 ovr/3rd Rd/B pot/1 Pro Bowl

Ryan Dimperio Rutgers/LB/80 ovr/3rd Rd/B pot/High awr, 99 tkl


And these are the players i didn't adjust. I adjusted maybe 15-25 players to improve drafts, because they aren't the 'right' size, etc.
Ratings are after 5 years in the Pros, some have dipped as most players are near 30. But you can see that after the 3rd round talent is sparse. I found 3 decent 4th rounders from that draft (one not counted cause he's a WR on my team). All in all, whatever draft you make is the draft you get, so watch stats & attributes in Ncaa, thats all i can tell you the rest is a guess.
Very interesting, thanks for the input. The most annoying thing in any draft I've ever used has always been the speed drop offs. I know its random, but in your draft classes, how did this look?

I know the sizes effect the ratings, for example if you have an undersized defensive linemen, his strength and anything thats important for his position would be low....and etc...Did you edit the players sizes to the protypical size, did you just increase them alittle but leave them close to what they really are, or did you just change sizes to fit what you felt was needed? I see Geroge Selvie came out as an 84 in your draft class. He is an undersized DE, and normally would come in low because of it. You had to have added like 25lbs to him to make him out right, unless you edited his ratings too lol. I couldnt imagine using draft classes that werent from my NCAA dynasty. It would almost give me no point to play NCAA...ugh why did EA have to **** these up so much.

Last edited by RavensFan2k3; 01-07-2010 at 01:58 AM.
RavensFan2k3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2010, 02:57 AM   #12
MVP
 
Pacman83's Arena
 
OVR: 16
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Re: I can't decide...

Again, those are players i didn't edit, at all. I never touched Selvie's attibutes. Typically undersized players will drop off in major attributes, the most consistent thing I've seen is stats help a ton.
Example) I have a guy @ 5'9" play WR, won the Heisman, WR of the year, and Returner of the year, and transferred with 97 speed, great agility and jumping, etc, but it took a while for him to get his RR, catching, etc up to par, currently a 88 ovr after 6 years, and since i use the Pats playbook, lots of screens and mid-deep passes makes him an all-pro.

Also change positions. I had a 6'1" Qb that transferred with a weak arm, but made a 73 ovr HB, not great, but a decent scat back who cant catch--but can play the wildcat. You could take smaller scat backs with 80+ catching and make them slot receivers.

Last edited by Pacman83; 01-07-2010 at 02:59 AM.
Pacman83 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 05:23 AM   #13
Pro
 
OVR: 7
Join Date: Sep 2003
Re: I can't decide...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacman83
Again, those are players i didn't edit, at all. I never touched Selvie's attibutes. Typically undersized players will drop off in major attributes, the most consistent thing I've seen is stats help a ton.
Example) I have a guy @ 5'9" play WR, won the Heisman, WR of the year, and Returner of the year, and transferred with 97 speed, great agility and jumping, etc, but it took a while for him to get his RR, catching, etc up to par, currently a 88 ovr after 6 years, and since i use the Pats playbook, lots of screens and mid-deep passes makes him an all-pro.

Also change positions. I had a 6'1" Qb that transferred with a weak arm, but made a 73 ovr HB, not great, but a decent scat back who cant catch--but can play the wildcat. You could take smaller scat backs with 80+ catching and make them slot receivers.
I'm very interested in what is Gerogie Selvie's height and weight in your game? So you had a player with 97 speed coming from a NCAA draft class? Thats good to hear. Was he a 99 speed in NCAA? If he was a 97 in NCAA, that would be even better.

I kow you said you controll all 32 teams, but I remember reading that if a CPU team drafts a player who is better at a different position, they will change his postion. But I've only read that once.
RavensFan2k3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 05:47 AM   #14
MVP
 
Pacman83's Arena
 
OVR: 16
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Re: I can't decide...

1) The computer wont change positions in Madden, but in Ncaa. Madden is high maintenance...lots of work, but life is slow right now.

2) Selvie is 6'4 242--in game

3) Yea, 99 speed, 97 acceleration
Pacman83 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 10:59 AM   #15
Rookie
 
Heisman's Arena
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Southern Cali baby!!
Re: I can't decide...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacman83
1) The computer wont change positions in Madden, but in Ncaa. Madden is high maintenance...lots of work, but life is slow right now.

2) Selvie is 6'4 242--in game

3) Yea, 99 speed, 97 acceleration
I have a question. It seems like you have pretty decent players, but have there been any Adrian Peterson's or Peyton Mannings with your imports. Players that are dominate right away and are 90+ with ratings.

I know in my franchise the Browns drafted Taylor Mays number 1 overall and he came out a 84 more than likely with A potential. He was the starter from day one.. I didn't keep the franchise, but he mostly likely would of ended up 90+ but do you have any examples of players like that?
Heisman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2010, 02:24 PM   #16
Pro
 
OVR: 7
Join Date: Sep 2003
Re: I can't decide...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisman
I have a question. It seems like you have pretty decent players, but have there been any Adrian Peterson's or Peyton Mannings with your imports. Players that are dominate right away and are 90+ with ratings.

I know in my franchise the Browns drafted Taylor Mays number 1 overall and he came out a 84 more than likely with A potential. He was the starter from day one.. I didn't keep the franchise, but he mostly likely would of ended up 90+ but do you have any examples of players like that?
Yeah that would good. I like how the NCAA draft classes are rated lower, but you can still have a high rated player. Where with with Madden generated classes, all the players are rated high, kinda like how the old NCAA draft classes were.

Last edited by RavensFan2k3; 01-07-2010 at 09:37 PM.
RavensFan2k3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:22 AM.

Top -