Home

How To Delete Patch #2 ?(PS3)

This is a discussion on How To Delete Patch #2 ?(PS3) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-16-2009, 07:33 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
How To Delete Patch #2 ?(PS3)

downloaded patch 2 and it really screwed my sliders, how to you delete the patch & what if any draw backs are there?

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2009, 08:13 AM   #2
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: How To Delete Patch #2 ?(PS3)

Go to "Game Data Utility" and delete the Madden file. You'll be taken back to how the game was out of the box prior to any patches.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 12-16-2009, 08:56 AM   #3
Rookie

thanks for the info, cant remember how the game played out of the box.

BTW will rosters be lost? and if so can you down load roster updates without D/L the patch?

If not can I put my current saved roster on a flash drive and then after deleting put the roster back in from the flash drive?

Thanks
Old 12-16-2009, 09:18 AM   #4
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

you shouldn't lose any of your saved files by deleting the utility. But if for some reason you do lose your rosters, you can re-download them without downloading the patch.

Old 12-16-2009, 10:54 AM   #5
Rookie

thanks again,

So that Im clear I shouldnt lose rosters or slider settings by deleting the "utility" should that occur however I CAN download the most updated roster's without having to download the patch?

thanks again that makes me feel better on one hand dumb on the other because I downloaded the patch thinking I couldnt download the roster up date otherwise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2009, 11:05 AM   #6
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolfanfrank
thanks again,

So that Im clear I shouldnt lose rosters or slider settings by deleting the "utility" should that occur however I CAN download the most updated roster's without having to download the patch?

thanks again that makes me feel better on one hand dumb on the other because I downloaded the patch thinking I couldnt download the roster up date otherwise.
Actually, I take back what I said. You have to connect online to download the latest roster updates, so you'll have to d/l the patch I believe. If you bypass downloading the patch, it disables online play for you Sorry man. You could always save your roster to a flashdrive and then reload them if need be.

I really don't anticipate you losing any of your save files by deleting the patch. But just in case, save all your files to a flashdrive and reload them if need be.

Old 12-16-2009, 01:33 PM   #7
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

As long as you delete the Madden file from the Game Data Utility folder (not the Saved Data Utility) you won't lose any of your saves.

And yes, any future rosters would have to be downloaded to a flash drive and transferred to your system.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:10 PM   #8
Rookie

thanks again for the info, gotta be fair I played 2 games with the patch one was with new sliders trying them out and the other was with original sliders(cedwebb)..... had a little pass rush issue's that had been working great previously

going to give a few more games before deciding on the delete...BTW what are ur opinions on the patch

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »