Home

joe montana passing mechanic or madden passing mechanic

This is a discussion on joe montana passing mechanic or madden passing mechanic within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-16-2010, 08:19 PM   #57
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: joe montana passing mechanic or madden passing mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
Man...I used to love that game...wore it out!

I must admit though, I had no idea Tom Hammond was doing the play-by-play back then too.

I just caught on! (I'm a little slow sometimes....)
Old 01-16-2010, 09:28 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 10

Still own this game, haven't played in years. I remember playing it as like a 8 or 9 year old for hours.
Old 01-17-2010, 11:07 AM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Everything you "suggested" can still be implemented with a mechanic to simulate a QB's reads.
I agree... It's funny that people want the passing to be harder. You suggest taking away options to make it harder and they freak out. Even if it makes the game more realistic. I love the idea of the cone because in real life you can't see everything at the same time. Not even Payton Manning can (he has no idea if he's looking at the right sideline, that his WR on his left tripped off the line), and to that extent, I can see where the cone was flawed, but I agree that it can and should be done. Perhaps even a tighter and more behind view could do the same thing as what we're talking about, where you can't throw to a WR off screen. The D still gets to see the whole field, but the offence is somewhat handicaped in that they can't see everything... I think this is somewhat where Backbreaker is going and if it's like that, I like the idea of it. Not 1st person, but a tigher 3rd person view... Think more Resident Evil 5, less Call of Duty... Imagine if we had shooters that allowed us to see around walls... That's kind of what he have here with the high look of Madden.
Old 04-14-2010, 04:40 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 2

bump.

the passing mechanic should be change for madden 11. we should use the right stick to control an icon on the field, and use the L2(ps3) or LT(xbox360) to throw a pressure sencetive pass. a cave man can use a passing mechanic like these without having any trouble. if ea dont want to change their current passing mechanic then we should have these as an option. too manny option can hot a gm.
Old 04-14-2010, 04:57 PM   #61
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

i'd love the option but i think you're incorrect in saying a cave man could use that method, they had that in ncaa 98 or something like that and it was actually quite difficult to use, albeit fun to try.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2010, 10:41 AM   #62
Rookie

Kodos's Arena

OVR: 5

What about a closer over-the-shoulder view of the QB where you have to use the right stick to turn the view from right to left because you can't see the whole field? No vision cone, but it actually changes what part of the field you can see (you can't see the whole field in this view). It'd be much more like going through your progressions and spotting open receivers. Also, having shorter QBs would actually be a disadvantage in this setup. You could also simulate QB awareness by having a wider or slimmer view of the field depending on the QB's awareness rating.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:43 AM   #63
Banned

OVR: 25

Madden DESPERATELY needs a new passing system....IMHO.

The passing system is old...boring...offers little as far as challenge...Totally un-realistic...just doesnt function as it SHOULD.

But i dont think they are gonna change a thing personally. More people like the current system mainly due to it being easy and most dont know any other system as they werent around back in the early-late 90s.

The majority likes it as does EA...Majority rules.
Old 04-15-2010, 12:22 PM   #64
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

I think we will see a change only when sales demand it. And don't think sales will never demand a change. Look at EA's hockey series. It was king, then it went down the crapper and they had to reinvent it.

With that being said I am fine with the passing system. I don't think it's too easy. Not all of us are as skilled as some of you guys are with these games. However, I would enjoy it if they had a new passing mode in the game as an alternative. But I really don't want it radically changed and them forcing it on us either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »