Home

I can't decide...

This is a discussion on I can't decide... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-06-2010, 05:50 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 7
I can't decide...

..whether or not to use NCAA draft classes, where I'd be playing a dynasty in conjuction with my Madden franchise, or using Madden generated draft classes. From what I've been hearing, the NCAA draft classes re REALLY unrealistic, and that the generated classes are better, but players come out kinda high, and you pretty much know who to draft because of all the spreadsheets and what not that are available. I know I dont HAVE to look at them, but its tempting lol.

I REALLY enjoy playing my dynasty and franchise side by side and using the draft class from the dynasty in my franchise. That adds excitement for me. I've never used Madden generated classes in ANY Madden before, it just so uninteresting to me to use abunch of "created players". But at the same time, I want my draft classes to be realistic. Ugh...are the NCAA draft classes really THAT bad? Or are people just overexaggerating? Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2010, 06:02 PM   #2
MVP

Pacman83's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: I can't decide...

Honestly i've had GREAT Ncaa drafts. I mean i've had guys turn out to be Beast. The imported are based on size and stats. If you have an undersized players, make sure their stats are beast for them to be successful. i have an example in the other draft class thread above this one. Other that that prototype size is the beast bet, but the Ncaa drafts have very few sleepers, maybe 3/4 rounders...and ratings are much weaker than auto-gen classes.

I mix both, but i also know and adjust my classes for balance, takes a lot of time. Also i control 32 teams in Madden, so more control, but at least i make the league how i want, and know what i'm getting, but the players are mostly weaker.

Also you an do the same with auto-gen classes...this link will tell you the A grade players for Madden.

http://www.osatwork.com/forums/showthread.php?t=350205
Old 01-06-2010, 06:10 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Do you get real photo/player pic thingies with NCAA drafts?
Old 01-06-2010, 07:19 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacman83
Honestly i've had GREAT Ncaa drafts. I mean i've had guys turn out to be Beast. The imported are based on size and stats. If you have an undersized players, make sure their stats are beast for them to be successful. i have an example in the other draft class thread above this one. Other that that prototype size is the beast bet, but the Ncaa drafts have very few sleepers, maybe 3/4 rounders...and ratings are much weaker than auto-gen classes.
Yeah I know that size effects the ratings. Thats how it was on PS2 aswell

Quote:
I mix both, but i also know and adjust my classes for balance, takes a lot of time. Also i control 32 teams in Madden, so more control, but at least i make the league how i want, and know what i'm getting, but the players are mostly weaker.
So they are weaker. Is it by alot? Does progression work well enough that these players will progress, and the league wont be full of low rated players a few years down the road?

Quote:
Also you an do the same with auto-gen classes...this link will tell you the A grade players for Madden.

http://www.osatwork.com/forums/showthread.php?t=350205
[/quote]Thats exactly why I DONT want to use Madden generated classes. I dont want to be able to know who will be good and who wont be good before they are even drafted.
Old 01-06-2010, 09:31 PM   #5
MVP

Pacman83's Arena

OVR: 16

Yes progression works as well on these, but 1st rounders are usually the only A Pot players. I usually stack my drafts, but normally i dont see 2nd rounders with A Pot, and orders is decided usually by the best players on the board period. However, i have seen 3rd and 4th rounder become successful, i'll give examples in a bit cause i gotta finish a game, but i'll give u players and rounds as well as ratings and potential, i have a pretty good sample.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2010, 09:58 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacman83
Yes progression works as well on these, but 1st rounders are usually the only A Pot players. I usually stack my drafts, but normally i dont see 2nd rounders with A Pot, and orders is decided usually by the best players on the board period. However, i have seen 3rd and 4th rounder become successful, i'll give examples in a bit cause i gotta finish a game, but i'll give u players and rounds as well as ratings and potential, i have a pretty good sample.
Cool, cant wait to see them. I really appreciate it.
Old 01-06-2010, 10:15 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Anybody know the answer to my question?

Thanks
Old 01-06-2010, 10:17 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by romo_maniac
Anybody know the answer to my question?

Thanks

Yes. I got a bald Tebow though so good luck.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »