Home

Which team should i start my new franchise.

This is a discussion on Which team should i start my new franchise. within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 01-07-2010, 04:13 AM   #1
Go Titans..

OVR: 34
Which team should i start my new franchise.

Ok , I'm wanting to start a new madden 10 franchise. I'm wanting to really start witha crappy team that has nothing. basically i'm looking for a team that i can re-build right away. I was thinking about Redskins , Rams , Browns... Anyone have any other idea's?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2010, 04:18 AM   #2
All Star

rangerrick012's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Which team should i start my new franchise.

Bucs, Bills, and Raiders are good picks if you have updated ratings/rosters.
Old 01-07-2010, 10:02 AM   #3
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27

I recently started a new franchise with the Chiefs. They have a load of cap money and after the first season there are quite a few FA's that you can get for your team.

Old 01-07-2010, 10:09 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

The Redskins actually have a lot of talent and on paper they should be good, so I'd avoid them.

The Chiefs are a pretty solid choice as they started trading away their experienced players a couple of years ago.

The Browns are another good choice as they have some good foundation pieces in place. Their O Line is good and young, Quinn can be brought around at QB and their defense is begging to be gutted.
Old 01-07-2010, 10:45 AM   #5
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28

You got a bunch of options because I'm going considering the same as well. Here are my choices I'm narrowing down & why based on roster, how division teams progress over time, and misc (uni's, stadiums, etc):

Bills - I rebuilt this team in my 1st franchise and it was fun. They have some good pieces to work with on Defense (Poz, CBs, etc) and offense (Lynch, Jackson, Evans, etc) but the OL needs some help. They play in the AFC North which features the Pats, Dolphins & Jets, all of whom stay very competitive throughout the years. I really love the Bills' AFL throwback uni's and I like that they play in an outdoor, cold climate which makes for some dramatic games at the end of the season.

Browns - Not much in terms of roster talent either but they do have some positives. The OL is very stout & again, like the Chiefs, if you switch them away from the 3-4 to a 4-3 they REALLY have some great players to work with. Even still, you are playing in the super competitive AFC North which features the Bengals, Ravens & Steelers so it'll be a dog fight to get to the top, which could be fun; none of those teams regress too bad in future franchise seasons. The only downside for some folks is the Browns' uni's (which I like) but I will say they do have a grass field in an open stadium so expect some muddy, nasty games

Bucs - Honestly, haven't considered them much but they are a cellar dwellar now. You have some guys (Rudd, OL, QB) who you can build around. The NFC South changes from year to year but at least the Saints are always a good matchup. The uni's are okay but they have a good mix to choose from and the stadium is outdoors.

Chiefs - Pretty depleted as well in terms of talent UNLESS you switch the Defense back to a 4-3, where in you'll have some extra building blocks. Again, they are in the AFC West so not the most competitive of Divisions except for the Chargers (Broncos are up & down in this game). I love the outdoor stadium & the uni's have a decent amount of mix..

Raiders - Another team in the AFC West who needs help. They have a lot of salary cap issues (Javon Walker, Seymour, Heyward-Bey, Russell, Kelly) but they have some great players too (Asomugha, McFadden). The uni's are pretty bland to me but they do play in an open stadium with natural grass.

Rams - Pretty much depleted of all talent on the roster aside from Jackson, Otogwa (FS) & a Kicker. But because they play in the NFC West, you might find rebuilding not so much of a challenge when you're facing the underwhelming 49ers & Seahawks twice a year. The uniforms are pretty lame, IMO, and I'm not the biggest fan of dome stadiums. Overall, if not for silly things like the stadium & uni's, I'd pick this team.

Redskins - Talented roster in salary cap hell. You have some pieces but you are also very handicapped by what moves you can make thanks to big contracts going to Haynesworth, Randle El, etc. This really forces you to draft well and utilize your players the best you can. On top of that, you play in the super competitive NFC East so a stacked roster doesn't necessarily guarantee wins because Philly, Dallas & NY are always fighting for the Division. They also have a nice set of uni's to choose from and play in an out-door, cold climate stadium.

Hope that helps! Nice to know other people are as insane as myself when it comes to pixel football.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2010, 03:22 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 5

I'd say go with the Seahawks, Raiders, or Browns. I used to control one team from the NFC and one from the AFC and rebuild both so they'd eventually meet in the Superbowl. I've also done it so I controlled two from each division.
Old 01-07-2010, 03:38 PM   #7
GO PACK GO

PlatooN's Arena

OVR: 17

Since i play controlling all 32 teams (but play as one) i sim the first season and check standings at the end of the year and normally choose one of the bottom 5 teams.

I just started a new franchise with the lions who finished 2-14.
Old 01-08-2010, 12:40 PM   #8
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodMeridian
I'd say go with the Seahawks, Raiders, or Browns. I used to control one team from the NFC and one from the AFC and rebuild both so they'd eventually meet in the Superbowl. I've also done it so I controlled two from each division.
Yeah, that's what I do. I set to control all 32 teams before I started and set each individual team to CPU control except mine and whichever team I was helping rebuild. This way I can switch my teams around whenever.

Anyway, I did the same with Cowboys & Redskins. And then on another season Bills & Jets. All of which ended up being some sluggfests for division crowns with some pretty talented teams in there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »