Home

Seahawks RB opinion

This is a discussion on Seahawks RB opinion within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 01-07-2010, 01:29 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 5
Seahawks RB opinion

I started a new franchise controlling all 32 teams so I could use some sliders I found on here to get realistic sim stats.

I played the first game of the season as the Seahawks and they lost Julius Jones to a career ending injury (fractured vertabrae INJURIES on 75 and fatigue on 65)

My question is how should I realistically replace him for the Seahawks? I was looking at signing Edge to a one year deal and having him share carries with Forsett and Rankin and then draft a RB for them OR I was going to trade Tapp (2 years left won't be resigned with the amount of DE's and DT's already on the roster for longer deals) and 2nd round pick to the Panthers for Stewart.

The thing is I doubt they'd give him up irl and I want to keep it as real as possible. Any suggestions?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2010, 01:36 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Seahawks RB opinion

I think your first instinct is the most realistic scenario.
Old 01-07-2010, 01:38 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by -hush-
I think your first instinct is the most realistic scenario.
I figured as much it's so tempting to trade for Stewart though...or even Larry Johnson.
Old 01-07-2010, 02:13 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 10

yea ur first idea was best. honestly j. jones declines heavily every year, esp in speed which wasnt good to begin with. its best he fell to career ending injury. im in yr 5 of my hawks franch. i had the roster with tj duckett on when i started mine around release and it was before the edgerrin deal.

my hb's are
1) guy i drafted who is a beast
2) justin forsett
3) julius jones (short cheap deals just for depth)

dont trade tapp away. he's nice and they wouldnt let him go as he's one of their youngbloods they been rising thru the ranks. i played against him in one of my other franchises where the cpu hawks had let him go and someone else had him. he beasted on me. u should keep him too. he seems to play better than his ratings
Old 01-07-2010, 02:22 PM   #5
Big Dummy

DustinT's Arena

OVR: 40

Don't worry about signing Edge. Start Forsett, its what should have happened long ago. Then draft a back in the middle of the draft.

R.I.P Seattle SuperSonics
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2010, 02:26 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodMeridian
I started a new franchise controlling all 32 teams so I could use some sliders I found on here to get realistic sim stats.

I played the first game of the season as the Seahawks and they lost Julius Jones to a career ending injury (fractured vertabrae INJURIES on 75 and fatigue on 65)

My question is how should I realistically replace him for the Seahawks? I was looking at signing Edge to a one year deal and having him share carries with Forsett and Rankin and then draft a RB for them OR I was going to trade Tapp (2 years left won't be resigned with the amount of DE's and DT's already on the roster for longer deals) and 2nd round pick to the Panthers for Stewart.

The thing is I doubt they'd give him up irl and I want to keep it as real as possible. Any suggestions?
I am a huge Hawks fan. Your first idea is probably the best. Tapp is probably in Seattle long term, but you probably can't resign him at a reasonable rate unless Salary Cap is off.

In my franchise I actually traded for Stewart, because I allow myself to trade for anyone on the Trade Block, but nobody else. I gave up a lot to get him to make it as fair as possible.
Old 01-07-2010, 06:13 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by astarr
I am a huge Hawks fan. Your first idea is probably the best. Tapp is probably in Seattle long term, but you probably can't resign him at a reasonable rate unless Salary Cap is off.

In my franchise I actually traded for Stewart, because I allow myself to trade for anyone on the Trade Block, but nobody else. I gave up a lot to get him to make it as fair as possible.
That's primarily why I was looking at him. I had always seen him on the trade block in previous franchises when I didn't HAVE to control all 32 teams, and knew they'd be willing to part with him....in the Madden universe anyway.

I was looking at their DE's and they had Redding and Jackson signed longer than Tapp which is why I was going to trade him. I'm thinking I'll just go with my first scenario and sign a FA for depth and start Forsett for the rest of the year.

I would have signed Ian Johnson but I already signed him to the Raiders for depth and signed Omon to the Bills. I don't think I'll sign Edge just becasue it'll cost a couple mil in the end and although they have the room I don't really want him to get carries if he isn't in the longterm plans.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »