Home

new creative director for EA's football games

This is a discussion on new creative director for EA's football games within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-09-2010, 02:28 PM   #33
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: new creative director for EA's football games

The fact that they made this hire tells me the suits feel something drastic needs to change to pump life into this franchise. Looks like they finally got something right.
Old 01-09-2010, 02:54 PM   #34
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

I'm a wait and see guy right now. I don't like the arcade background, but I also have faith in Ian and the M10 team. M10 wast "the year" but it was the best next gen Madden and after both patches, it has a solid [though far from perfect] game play experience.

I don't play online anymore, but my four big complaints when playing against the computer are:

1.) Poor logic for the offensive line

2.) Pursuit angles are still broken, but not as bad as before the 2ed patch.

3.) Poor computer play calling/AI.

4.) Inconsistant play between user controlled players and computer controlled. [ratings don't matter, etc.]
- Meaning I could play 49ers v 49ers and the computer controlled team will hold off my pass rush but my offensive line would get killed, and I could run all over the computer but the computer could hardly run on me.

Back on topic, good link. Good read.
Old 01-10-2010, 12:04 AM   #35
Banned

OVR: 8

Sounds bad. He helped with NBA JAMS and BLITZ. Which arent sim games. Also he wants the game to be able to be picked up by any1 and is adding some of the elements from BLITZ AND JAMS to Madden. Which means it will be dumb down even more than it is now. Will have to w8 and see i guess.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2010, 12:10 AM   #36
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I've read the article a few times now and I don't see where he mentioned he will incorporate some of the elements from NBA Jam and Blitz into Madden and NCAA.

I guess we read what we want to read.
Old 01-10-2010, 01:40 AM   #37
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercharger
I got 50 that says next year's madden's football will not only spin for once after 3 years of it not spinning, but it will also flame and you will hear the announcer's ecstatic voice "POWER TIME! LETS GO!"

This looks like it's going in the right direction. Could we PLEASE also have a Big Head Mode. Thanks in advance! I been waiting for that for years.
I'm wait and see as well, but this post ^^^^^ had me rolling.
Old 01-10-2010, 02:39 AM   #38
MVP

Pacman83's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tick32
Sounds bad. He helped with NBA JAMS and BLITZ. Which arent sim games. Also he wants the game to be able to be picked up by any1 and is adding some of the elements from BLITZ AND JAMS to Madden. Which means it will be dumb down even more than it is now. Will have to w8 and see i guess.

Are people reading & comprehending the blog??? I get the initial reaction, but after reading the blog i think Madden just took yet another step towards rebuilding faith in the franchise.
Old 01-10-2010, 09:25 AM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacman83
Are people reading & comprehending the blog??? I get the initial reaction, but after reading the blog i think Madden just took yet another step towards rebuilding faith in the franchise.
I agree... The one thing that can be said for arcade games is that they're genreally pretty sweet with the controlls. SIM doesn't nead to be harder to pull off, stuff... It really only means that it has to do certain things in a realistic way with realistic results... Frankly, we have yet to see a good SIM football game since 2K5. We've come close, very close, but there are still a ton of things missing from the only football franchise left with the NFL rights... I think that this guy is going to bring in some of the essence of what the NFL is... When you think about the other games like Jam, Blitz, Hitz... The one thing they all did well was capture the "spirit" of what makes those sports popular... They reaked of fandomonium. But if dumbed down, while keeping things in check with reality, things can really be improoved. Another thing which can be said for arcade games is that they generally move very well, everything looks just right and in the end, as a result you get good visuals with easy, fun and great playability. Seriousy, other then detail visuals, Madden has been short in ALL other areas for quite some time now and I think the brass are starting to take note.
Old 01-10-2010, 01:39 PM   #40
Banned

OVR: 5

looks like I'll be playing Madden 10 until the exclusive license ends..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »