Home

new creative director for EA's football games

This is a discussion on new creative director for EA's football games within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 01-11-2010, 03:48 PM   #49
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: new creative director for EA's football games

I'm sure EA sees the most complaints are in the simmed stats and animation/gameplay areas. So again, I'll save my opinion of the new creative director once M11 info starts coming out.
Old 01-11-2010, 04:10 PM   #50
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
I'm definitely okay with a balance between arcade and sim. The thing I really want is rock solid gameplay that can' be exploited by undesireable plays and techniques. That's what great games do.
Agreed. I want the fundamentals to be realistic, but the feedback, play calling, and etc doesn't need to be toned down (which has been the route Madden has always taken). I'd like to see more information on the players. The confidence level in the QB, the play maker icons for the defense and my players (even if it's only toggable) so I know where the play makers are lined up.
Old 01-11-2010, 05:45 PM   #51
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
I'm on the "wait and see" list, as well. Hopefully they don't lose focus on Ian's stated purpose at the helm. But this move is puzzling, hiring VC's castoffs would have made more sense. Fifa10 is the fastest selling, on the way to best selling sports title ever.And guess what? They didn't compromise core gameplay or dumb it down to appease the masses. Please don't let that happen!
Well said Brian.

I'm with you on the "wait and see". Besides...what else can we do?

I like to think if they had hired "VC castoffs", it would have for many of us, injected a real spark of interest and excitement. Something imo anyway... both Madden/NCAA franchises need. Personally speaking, and no bash intended...I've lost interest in both titles. After buying both for years.

Like you Brian, and I'm sure for most...I also hate to think Madden/NCAA would be "dumbed down". Imo, that would be a critical mistake. If taken too far in that direction, I believe long time customers would be bailing in droves. And the gaming sites would be, I believe, be panning this type of move. I think your spot on about games like FIFA. And I'll include "The Show" and my personal favorite NHL. These games overall are very well thought of. Because of improvements that have enhanced the feeling of realistic gameplay. While I can't really speak for The Show, or FIFA...but I believe a focus on a more in depth and realistic franchise mode, has helped these games as well.

For me anyway...I'm willing to roll the dice with this new hire. To see in time, if his impact will give these two games the shot in the arm I feel they need, to renew my lost interest. But if to "streamline" and/or "dumb down" is in the works...epic fail imo. Which I doubt they'll do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2010, 06:43 PM   #52
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Well, I've moved from the "wait and see" to the "nervous" side after reading this article:

http://kotaku.com/5445779/ea-expects...tive-madden-11

From what I've seen in the past, Madden + Innovative = Trouble

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »