Home

Old 01-08-2010, 10:43 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50
Scouting

Anyone have any tips on scouting? I think six weeks is the max time you can scout a player. But any tips? How many top players do you scout, how many lower rated guys do you scout? Do you just go by their overall or do you look for speed etc when scouting? Does scouting even matter?

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2010, 11:25 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 36
Re: Scouting

To be honest it's all really easy in Madden. If you need to soup up your team real fast, just check the guys with the most potential and normally they will be high 70s-low 80s with A potential when you draft them.

Easiest positions to scout imo (least risk of bust pick):

WR
LB (all 3)
HB
OL

Now, assuming you have stumbled upon a few good QBs already, you can make your pick from there. Your draft ordering matters too.

I NEVER draft WRs, RBs, or OL in the first because they are so attainable in late rounds.

CBs are a crapshoot, but keep the names in the back of your head for future franchises.

LB and SS are nearly interchangeable in this game, as are LB and DE. So, if you need both, you could always draft 2 high LBs, move one to end.
Old 01-08-2010, 12:01 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

How do you see their potential before you draft them?
Old 01-08-2010, 12:15 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 13

You can sort by potential during the scouting process. Once you reach the draft, you cannot view the potential, or results of your scouting (dumb, and dumber, in my opinion).
Old 01-08-2010, 12:27 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 39

Hopefully this feature will be re-tooled for Madden 11..At least it works as designed this year..the problem is the flaw in the design.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2010, 03:19 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennN
You can sort by potential during the scouting process. Once you reach the draft, you cannot view the potential, or results of your scouting (dumb, and dumber, in my opinion).
Yes you can... You just go to a guy you scouted and hit the RB(on Xbox) till you see scouting results..... It will be where the octagon thing is.
Old 01-08-2010, 03:58 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerkontheOS
Yes you can... You just go to a guy you scouted and hit the RB(on Xbox) till you see scouting results..... It will be where the octagon thing is.
That is true but you never get to see their potential bar like you do in scouting once the season is over. I typically write down the guys with the highest potential before i go into offseason mode, so I know who the A's are...
Old 01-08-2010, 04:06 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 3

Scouting is completely overpowered. Gives way too big of an advantage in the offseason.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »