Home

Issues with Coaches in offline franchise mode

This is a discussion on Issues with Coaches in offline franchise mode within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 01-08-2010, 02:18 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Issues with Coaches in offline franchise mode

1) Why does every first time coach look the same? I hired Russ Grimm and he is a skinny guy who looks exactly like the generic "NE Coach?" Once you get into your franchise a few years does every coach look like his identical brother?

2) Why do players who become coaches have no picture? They are in the game already and their names are being used. Why not include their picture so my coach photo isn't just a shadow?

3) If they need to use generic coach models, at least have more than one. A good solution would be:

young, skinny
young, middle
young fat (large, whatever you want to call it)

old skinny
old, middle
old fat (see above)

Then include White, Black, and Hispanic versions for realism.

That's 18 generic coaches. Just tag all the assistants with one of the body models so that if they are hired, it displays that generic coach in the game.

This would make a big difference, since they make a point of showing the coaches a lot in the games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2010, 02:45 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Issues with Coaches in offline franchise mode

if you're going to show the coaches all the time during cut scenes, at least have more than 1 generic coach model.

At least if Grimm were shown as a large man wearing a Bills coat and headset it would look more believable than a 140lb stick figure man.
Old 01-08-2010, 03:06 PM   #3
MVP

Pacman83's Arena

OVR: 16

Yes...And Yes.
If we could umm.....edit coaches? Wouldn't it make sense? But the cut scenes need polish, but it their 1st time.
Old 01-09-2010, 07:37 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

The funny thing about this is that of all the issues with the coaches, some is picking a visuals issue... How about:

1. Coach progression (They don't progress/regress ever).

2. Coach selection dosen't effect the team's playbook/play style.

3. Assistant coaches don't have an impact.

There are more REAL issues, but lets get down to nit picking the freaking visuals AGAIN, instead of game play issues... That'll fix the game over all

Every year... "This guy has orange cleats..." "This coach has longer side burns" "The shade of green isn't right"... Never mind that the game is lacking in some serious areas of game play, like those listed above... Lets just focus on how the coaches "look"...
Old 01-09-2010, 08:17 AM   #5
Rookie

Vizen's Arena

The head coaches do progress and regress. I have seen Andy Reid's overall go between an 87 down to a 45...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2010, 09:02 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizen
The head coaches do progress and regress. I have seen Andy Reid's overall go between an 87 down to a 45...
I'm playing on the PS3 and have yet to have Raheem Morris loose his -5AWR dispite taking the Bucs to the Super Bowl... And three winning seasons... They do not progress in the way that they impact a team... They may have ratings, but I have no idea what they mean... I do know that their "special" abilities don't change over all...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »