Home

Depth Charts Need a Major Overhaul For 11

This is a discussion on Depth Charts Need a Major Overhaul For 11 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-08-2010, 02:30 PM   #1
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16
Depth Charts Need a Major Overhaul For 11

Why the hell does my 2nd string MLB always sub in for my ROLB even though I don't have him as a sub for that position! Depth charts need a major overhaul for next year!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2010, 02:43 PM   #2
MVP

Pacman83's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Depth Charts Need a Major Overhaul For 11

Are you sure you know it the right formation? Maybe its not?
Old 01-08-2010, 03:15 PM   #3
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Never had that happen to me. You may want to check the formation and you depth chart again.
Old 01-08-2010, 03:59 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 36

I do believe the depth chart/player management needs work.

You don't NEED 4 safeties. A lot of teams don't have a FS/SS, because they draft hybrids that do both. They need to make a 3-4 and 4-3 chart. Get rid of ROLB, LOLB. not real terms (if they wanted to be real it'd be WLB, MLB, SLB)
Get rid of minimums at positions. If I choose to not have a backup QB, that's my risk. If I go into the season with 7 WR's let me do that.

Also, let players sub at ANY position via auto sub.
Old 01-08-2010, 04:01 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Three things they need to do:

1) Get rid of the ridiculous roster limits

2) Let you set your formation subs before the game

3) Let you pick who plays on the kick coverage team
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2010, 04:19 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by davey225

You don't NEED 4 safeties. A lot of teams don't have a FS/SS, because they draft hybrids that do both. They need to make a 3-4 and 4-3 chart. Get rid of ROLB, LOLB. not real terms (if they wanted to be real it'd be WLB, MLB, SLB)
Get rid of minimums at positions. If I choose to not have a backup QB, that's my risk. If I go into the season with 7 WR's let me do that.

this. min/max roster limits. thats it. everything else should be determined by me.
Old 01-08-2010, 04:29 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 12

Yeah. I'd honestly never noticed it until recently, but I started up an online franchise a few weeks ago, and here's what I ended up with:

2nd MLB (as a 3-4 team, meaning he was a starting MLB) at OLB
OLB at DE
LT at C
C at LT
CB at FS

I can *sort of* see a possible rationalization for almost everything on that list, except swapping the LT and center. That doesn't make a damn bit of sense. It's one thing if you're making the starting lineup better by starting a guy out of position, which I think is what it was trying to do with the linebacker movement, but just randomly swapping guys who will both start anyway?

I mean, come on now. I don't ask for much, and I do love this year's Madden, but it shouldn't be that hard to put the highest rated player at his OWN position.

And I'm really freaking sick of seeing WRs or TEs come in on D when my corners get too tired. (That said, I am happy that fatigue plays a significant role in this year's game. Growing pains, I suppose...)

Last edited by MeanMrMustard; 01-08-2010 at 04:32 PM.
Old 01-08-2010, 04:35 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by davey225

But if they allow any position to switch to another via auto-sub, they would have to fix ratings because then they would be exposed. You would do fantastic with a 98 speed CB with low catch, but no route running abilities. (Try it, you can do great if you know how to play..)

It would be very awesome though if they changed it so it bases your depth chart positions based on your favorite O/D playbook.. Like if my team has X formation, I want to be able to set it up so my players are in the X formation , but not in the Y formation.. and to be able to set your special teams would be good.

Last edited by wangtangkiki; 01-08-2010 at 04:37 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »