Home

Create a Coach is in Madden 10 (Sorta)

This is a discussion on Create a Coach is in Madden 10 (Sorta) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-09-2010, 01:01 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Create a Coach is in Madden 10 (Sorta)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneKIller
I wanted a coach to help me produce a great QB so.....

I took Zack Thomas.Changed his name to Nick Saban.
Changed position to QB.Pumped his TP ,DTA and awareness to 99.

The following season after his retirement he came in the coaching thingy.
Gave a plus 5 to QB's TP, DTA and Awareness.And his name was Nick Saban.Hired him as my Head Coach.
Zach Thomas isn't in my game. (Just got the recent roster update for 360). About to simulate the season and see who comes back to coach...
Old 01-09-2010, 01:14 AM   #10
Rookie

If you are using 360's most recent rosters...
Nobody comes back after the first off-season...
During the second off-season, Kevin Mawae, Muhsin Mahammad, and Kevin Faulk are the 3 guys looking for a job... gonna change their names while they are players and their positions and test this out...

Looking to get Pete Carroll and Norm Chow to the Seahawks.
Old 01-09-2010, 01:43 AM   #11
Rookie

I turned Muhsin Muhammed to Norm Chow...
I turned Kevin Faulk in to Pete Carroll and he didn't retire like he was supposed to. (Might have made him too good).

In the 2nd season only Mawae and Muhsin (Norm Chow) are available... make sure you edit the players overall low enough that they still retire.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2010, 08:41 AM   #12
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

OVR: 18

Yeah.When I did Zach,I had his TP,DTA and awareness maxed.But his STA and MTA was very low.That way he would stay in Free Agency and still retire the first season. Im getting ready to start a new Franchise but cant decide what team and what coach.Thinking bout Seahawks and Carroll.

Shannahan has been know to brig in any 4th to 7th round RB's and make em into 1000 yard rushers.So I would do something for rbs
Old 01-09-2010, 09:09 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 6

Pete Carrol = Horrible Head Coach... Or has everyone forgotten his tenure as an NFL coach the last time, along with Nick Saban... Both bad, bad, bad NFL coaches! Worse then Mora Jr.
Old 01-09-2010, 12:11 PM   #14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingking77
Pete Carrol = Horrible Head Coach... Or has everyone forgotten his tenure as an NFL coach the last time, along with Nick Saban... Both bad, bad, bad NFL coaches! Worse then Mora Jr.
He had winning season every year he was a head coach in the NFL he went 8-8 in his last year.And that was 10 years ago.
Old 01-09-2010, 01:35 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodgersfan12
He had winning season every year he was a head coach in the NFL he went 8-8 in his last year.And that was 10 years ago.
He lost in New York, and the Pats had a steady decline after he got there... Everything else that he's ever done was nadda... He ended with a record of 33-31. Hardley the stuff of legends... But if anyone is creating Carroll as a power house coach because of what he's done at USC, that's false... That's all I was saying... I further went on to say that the reason for my thinking, along with what I just said, is that USC hasn't produced any really great QBs, or RBs... Sure they're a pro fac, but that's for other positions...

Not since Palmer, has USC produced a decent QB.

Last edited by Swingking77; 01-09-2010 at 01:38 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2010, 07:27 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingking77
He lost in New York, and the Pats had a steady decline after he got there... Everything else that he's ever done was nadda... He ended with a record of 33-31. Hardley the stuff of legends... But if anyone is creating Carroll as a power house coach because of what he's done at USC, that's false... That's all I was saying... I further went on to say that the reason for my thinking, along with what I just said, is that USC hasn't produced any really great QBs, or RBs... Sure they're a pro fac, but that's for other positions...

Not since Palmer, has USC produced a decent QB.
The NE decline while he was there is much more the fault of the GM than the head coach. Not to mention it was Bledsoe throwing 3 times the amount of INTs than TDs in the last 8 games of Carroll's time at NE. Do you really think that Carroll hasn't progressed as a coach through his tenure at U$C? Bill Bellichick was 36-44 through his first 5 seasons. Mark Sanchez is going to be a hell of a QB... Caroll's specialty is defensive backs... as he started his NFL career as a DBs coach with the Bills. Troy Polamalu ring a bell? What other college team has produced 3 1st round draft pick QBs since Palmer was drafted?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »