Home

Fumble Piles and Challenges

This is a discussion on Fumble Piles and Challenges within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-08-2010, 11:32 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Fumble Piles and Challenges

First thing I want to address is the pileups for fumbles. I am not a button masher so unfortunately I never won a pileup with "Fight for the Fumble" turned on. Consequently, I turned it off. I still never win a pileup. The only time I recover fumbles are win my man is the only one near the ball. Anyone else see this? If so, anything I can do about it? The other problem I have is on the rare occasion the CPU sees fit to challenege a ruling they are always right. I don't see that on Sunday, 50% correct challenges might even be high. Anyways, curious if anyone else sees this and if there is anything to be done about it. Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2010, 07:27 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Fumble Piles and Challenges

I turn the fumble fight off as well... If I loose, I loose... But I hate the button thing to get the fumble out... G-hay But how could they say that they added over 50 things if they didn't just add the odd little gimick in there that won't be back next year...

As for he challenges, I don't even bother... I don't think that I've gotten a single one right, even if it clearly was... From catches made inbounds ruled OB, to calling for a challenge like this one and the CPU thinking that I'm contesting the spot on the field, the challenge "system" (not really a system) is simply the worst thing that I've ever seen...
Old 01-09-2010, 08:05 AM   #3
Rookie

FearTheTurtle's Arena

OVR: 4

I used to let the CPU handle the fumble piles, but it became so frustrating to watch my guy fall on the ball only to lose it in the pileup while I'm sitting there twiddling my thumbs. My strategy is to start mashing the crap out of one button before it is even displayed. That way, if you guess right, you have a shot.

The replay system usually works properly, but when it doesn't, look out. Prime example, I was on defense and the QB hurled a pass towards the back of the endzone. The WR ran out of the back of the endzone OOB, but when my defender tipped the ball, he grabbed it, still standing out of bounds. The refs signal incomplete. THE BOOTH CHALLENGES THE PLAY AND IT GETS REVERSED. Touchdown. Infuriating.
Old 01-09-2010, 09:04 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearTheTurtle
The replay system usually works properly, but when it doesn't, look out. Prime example, I was on defense and the QB hurled a pass towards the back of the endzone. The WR ran out of the back of the endzone OOB, but when my defender tipped the ball, he grabbed it, still standing out of bounds. The refs signal incomplete. THE BOOTH CHALLENGES THE PLAY AND IT GETS REVERSED. Touchdown. Infuriating.
Not an isolated incident... Anything having to do with in bounds, out of bounds is a crap shoot...
Old 01-09-2010, 03:24 PM   #5
Rookie

Glad to see I am not the only one. Just add this to the list of things I hope (but doubt) will be fixed for Madden 11.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2010, 03:34 PM   #6
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23

I don't think I would have too much of a problem with this if it was something that no game has gotten right. However there have been more than 1 game that has gotten this aspect perfect and they have not got it right in all this time is just infuriating.

Not to mention not gettin forward progress right to boot. Random measurements that have nothing to do with where you fall or not. The whole process is just random, with no exact placement of the ball at all.

Again if this was a problem with all games and not done perfectly right in "another game" I don't think I would be as critical.
Old 01-09-2010, 05:15 PM   #7
Rookie

Victor Fox's Arena

Not to mention the WRs who run out of bounds through the sidelines only to return wide open to make a huge gainer. Um... ineligible receiver. You can't run out of bounds and then make a reception. You could at least program the rules correctly, EA.
The UCLA Bruins

And I'm moving to Chicago so...
The Green Bay Packers!
Old 01-09-2010, 05:59 PM   #8
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

It is very annoying to see a player on your team jump on the ball and then it goes to the cut scene and the other team comes away with the fumble even though there werent any other players around the ball.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »