Home

Player Progression Question...

This is a discussion on Player Progression Question... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-12-2010, 07:48 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Player Progression Question...

Hey guys, I'm fairly new to the game and have a couple of quick questions for those of you that are more familiar with it.

I've just started my first franchise, I'm now seven games in and doing well. Problem is, none of my players are getting any better, even though many of them are leading the league in several categories. For example, seven games into the season Miles Austin has 48 catches, 800 yards, and 13 touchdowns; yet he has not gone up even one point. Is this normal? Do I need to play more games? Is there just no progression?

If someone could help me understand how this works I'd appreciate it. Surely your players have to get better at some point if they are performing well.

Thanks for any help...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2010, 07:56 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: Player Progression Question...

Progression only occurs at the end of the season.

It's a dumb system, for sure.

Ideally, your guys should progress at least once during the year and receive a bonus progression if they got any "playoff experience."

But for some reason, Madden hasn't had in-season progression for a while now.
Old 01-12-2010, 07:59 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
Progression only occurs at the end of the season.

It's a dumb system, for sure.

Ideally, your guys should progress at least once during the year and receive a bonus progression if they got any "playoff experience."

But for some reason, Madden hasn't had in-season progression for a while now.
Wow, that is really disappointing to hear. I'm also having trouble getting many sacks with Ware, Ratliff, or Spencer. Any tips on how I can improve this?

Thank you for the response.
Old 01-12-2010, 09:03 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hofland83
Wow, that is really disappointing to hear. I'm also having trouble getting many sacks with Ware, Ratliff, or Spencer. Any tips on how I can improve this?

Thank you for the response.
Are you using default or custom sliders? If you are using default sliders I highly recommend trying some custom sliders. This is a good place to start. I have found Bill's v3 Realism Sliders the most realistic and competitive, but if you are new to the game they may be too difficult. As far as tweaking your sliders Bill also did a great job testing and researching what each slider actually does here. It is a long read but definitely helps in tweaking sliders to your personal skill level.

Aside from sliders how do you play defense? Mainly coverage or blitzes? Personally I run a 3-4 and blitz all kinds of different ways which really puts heat on the QB creating sacks and picks. I also blow up some running plays. Hope this helps.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »