Home

Speed Slider?

This is a discussion on Speed Slider? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-10-2010, 06:19 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Speed Slider?

Where it makes the gap smaller or bigger in terms of faster players to slower players, what do you guys set it at?

Is it fair to keep it at 50?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2010, 07:59 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Speed Slider?

The lower the slider the bigger difference in speed. I read somewhere that 75 is best. It is all a personal preference, if you want a more offensive arcade feel lower it.
Old 01-10-2010, 09:13 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleIt5
The lower the slider the bigger difference in speed. I read somewhere that 75 is best. It is all a personal preference, if you want a more offensive arcade feel lower it.
Not true... An arcade game generally has everybody, reguardless of ratings, moving at the same speed... Think about Blitz... Everyone can catch everyone... 50 is fair, I like 25, but that's just me... I up other things to make it a bit more fair though. I just find that it make a big difference in playing or having/drafting corner backs... Not all of them can run with the Randy Moss' of the league, but they can jam like a mutha! So, having the speed dif a bit greater, I feel shows this a bit more...
Old 01-10-2010, 09:15 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 32

0 is fair because it doesn't create a hitch in running stride. But if you have it at 0 all of the scores will be inflated.
Washington Capitals
Washington Nationals

R.I.P. #21
Old 01-10-2010, 09:39 AM   #5
Rookie

This thread prompted me to start one in the sliders forum regarding my created team franchise. I can't seem to lose despite being 80 OVR. A matter of fact I have an easier time winning than in my Packers franchise with the exact same sliders. Currently I have the speed threshold at 50 and am wondering if adjusting it will make the games tougher, if so which way should I adjust it? I'm averaging around 40 pts per game and would obviously like to see that drop, but for the most part I am holding the CPU to reasonable scores. Do I just need to adjust the sliders and leave the speed threshold alone?

Last edited by DoubleIt5; 01-10-2010 at 09:42 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2010, 09:48 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleIt5
This thread prompted me to start one in the sliders forum regarding my created team franchise. I can't seem to lose despite being 80 OVR. A matter of fact I have an easier time winning than in my Packers franchise with the exact same sliders. Currently I have the speed threshold at 50 and am wondering if adjusting it will make the games tougher, if so which way should I adjust it? I'm averaging around 40 pts per game and would obviously like to see that drop, but for the most part I am holding the CPU to reasonable scores. Do I just need to adjust the sliders and leave the speed threshold alone?
It's up to you, but I find a lower speed rating makes the game harder if you don't have the right guys... Speed becomes more of an issue to consider unless you play a certain way... Like I said, for ME, I had to adjust things in order to get the game feel the way I think it should be... I've adjusted the DB abilities a littler as well, and things like that so that it's not just a speed kills game either... I like seeing guys like Woodson play guys like Moss 'cause Woodson doesn't run with Moss, he locks him down, which is what he does in real life, but every now and again Moss gets deep and it's up to the safety to make a play and help out. I find it adds need for double teams as well... Otherwise I find that the main DB almost never ever gets burned by guys like Moss, or Fitz. But that's just me...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »