Home

32 team offline franchise house rules

This is a discussion on 32 team offline franchise house rules within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-11-2010, 02:19 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
32 team offline franchise house rules

I used the search thread, but could not find my answer, so please give your insight.

I control all 32 teams, but play with the Eagles. My question is in the off season what "house rules" do you go by.

For example, how many potential free agents do you resign? Do you release high priced players? Do you release veterans that have a good rookie behind them on depth chart? ETC...

I personally resign only 4 players per team, and franchise a player if they refuse to sign(ex, Wilfork) I Only try to resign young(under 26) "A" or "B" potential(but max of 4). This seems to put big names in Free Agency.

During Free Agency period I only go after one player a day. No more than 5 offers out at a time.

Just wondering what others do that I can try

Thanks

Last edited by angels28; 01-12-2010 at 12:40 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2010, 04:58 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 36
Re: 32 team offline franchise house rules

I play as the Eagles too.

I run it the way the Eagles do:

-If you extend McNabb, trade Kolb. If you extend Kolb, trade McNabb.

-Rarely re-sign players whose deals expire past age 30 (Westbrook, Curtis, Howard etc.)

-Draft BPA ALWAYS

-One FA splash if necessary, but do not load team. If I sign a player at a position I'm already loaded at, I pretend one of them is discontent and I either deactivate them or trade them.

- I renegotiate 2-3 of the promising guys in their second or third season, based on what they've shown me regardless of potential (If my A potential doesn't feel as good as my C potential, the A goes.)
Old 01-11-2010, 09:12 PM   #3
Rookie

So no one else has any ideas? Thanks anyway
Old 01-11-2010, 09:55 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

I really don't have many house rules because this year it is pretty easy to screw up your franchise. If you go after too many FAs your cap is screwed and you are forced to cut players and take cap hits the next season. Which makes it hard to sign rookies or role players. As far as trades it is similar, you trade away aging vets and take big cap hits.

I wouldn't say these are house rules but I typically don't trade. If I do its a player with 1 year left (to minimize the cap hit) for a young player who I hope has potential. I also rarely sign FAs in the offseason because they demand so much money. I fill my roster during preseason and focus on building through the draft. I'll take my lumps at the positions I'm lacking talent.

Side note about controlling all 32 teams. Overall I like it a lot but my one gripe is the ability to see everyone's potential, especially a few years into the franchise where you have a lot of created players. It is nice to make a trade for a young high 70's player only to find out they are C potential and already maxed out. This being said, I wish we couldn't see potential at all.
Old 01-12-2010, 05:10 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleIt5
I really don't have many house rules because this year it is pretty easy to screw up your franchise. If you go after too many FAs your cap is screwed and you are forced to cut players and take cap hits the next season. Which makes it hard to sign rookies or role players. As far as trades it is similar, you trade away aging vets and take big cap hits.

I wouldn't say these are house rules but I typically don't trade. If I do its a player with 1 year left (to minimize the cap hit) for a young player who I hope has potential. I also rarely sign FAs in the offseason because they demand so much money. I fill my roster during preseason and focus on building through the draft. I'll take my lumps at the positions I'm lacking talent.

Side note about controlling all 32 teams. Overall I like it a lot but my one gripe is the ability to see everyone's potential, especially a few years into the franchise where you have a lot of created players. It is nice to make a trade for a young high 70's player only to find out they are C potential and already maxed out. This being said, I wish we couldn't see potential at all.

Yeah I agree, not seeing potential would be great. I never trade with other teams. I will trade CPU with CPU if the trade helps both teams
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »