Home

Cheap Slants and Middle of the Field Passes

This is a discussion on Cheap Slants and Middle of the Field Passes within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 01-13-2010, 06:23 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Cheap Slants and Middle of the Field Passes

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef
What they need to do is allow us to shade receivers inside or out so we can jam them accordingly. If they did that then I could position my corners on the inside shoulder of the WR and jam him thus killing the slant but at the same time if I guess wrong and its a go route then Im in real trouble. Madden had this years ago, but like other features, it was scrapped from the game for some unknown reason.
I guess they scrapped it becaue they made the CPU teams hike the ball so damn fast.
Old 01-13-2010, 07:31 PM   #10
Rookie

JayhawkerStL's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleIt5
Fools? Really? Did you watch that game? It was 60 minutes of crossing routes and slants with players who should have been in position. Fools. You have me rolling buddy.

Just noticed the Knicks avatar. Are you more of an NBA fan than an NFL fan?
He just doesn't understand how games actually work. If a LB is is not going to make the play, the limited animations make him look dumb. The real question is if slants and crossing patterns are more effective in Madden than real life.

What I do believe works, is that players with lower awareness and other related ratings, will be more likely to space out on a play.
Old 01-13-2010, 07:48 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 55

I like the cover 1 robber plays, putting a safety in a hook zone with man D and a deep safety. Just keep an eye on those pesky RB matchups.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2010, 08:13 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhawker
He just doesn't understand how games actually work. If a LB is is not going to make the play, the limited animations make him look dumb. The real question is if slants and crossing patterns are more effective in Madden than real life.

What I do believe works, is that players with lower awareness and other related ratings, will be more likely to space out on a play.
I'm assuming that was his argument when he posted:

Quote:
Except for the minor detail you clowns are missing out: LBs just staring in wide eyed wonder as recievers pass through them and ignore that fancy spiraling object known as a football, being thrown right into the teeth of their zone coverage.

Nice try though.

Fools.
As I said in the original post in the Packers/Cardinals game they worked better than in Madden. Obviously that game wasn't typical. What I see is slants and crossing routes (slants being a huge part of the Packers offense) set up the deep ball well in the NFL. Unfortunately in Madden it's a different story (offline). They work well but the CPU doesn't make adjustments to stop them, so it doesn't open up deep routes. As for if slants and crossing routes are more effective in Madden or the NFL, I would say the NFL simply because it opens up deep passes.
Old 01-13-2010, 08:30 PM   #13
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

If I am getting beat with slants, I will just manually use a MLB and get in the passing lane. Basically If I can just make the QB take a few seconds longer It will eventually make him go to another route or get a coverage sack.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »