Home

2 Minute Offense....

This is a discussion on 2 Minute Offense.... within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 01-12-2010, 07:13 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: 2 Minute Offense....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
Unrelated but related, the accelerated clock NEEDS to run within the last two minutes. Hurry up/2 minute offense virtually do not exist b/c you really do not have to rush (unless of course you have no timeouts).
And if you want to hurry up, you can just go to the play call screen, pick your play fast, have them hurry to the line, and then snap it as soon as you can.

Should not be that way - I agree. I'm huddling, but getting the play sent in and all the calls made and subs all in about 5 seconds?

Plus, it would make killing the game better too. No sense having to sit around for 35 seconds before you snap the ball just so you can kill the clock. Having Acc clock run then too would make that better as well.
Old 01-12-2010, 07:29 PM   #10
Rookie

Heisman's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafafm
I hate the cut scenes they slow the game down. I'm always pressing the start button to cut it short.
It shouldn't be a cut scene. It should just run real time on the field. The refs should spot the ball, raise their hands to stop the clock, and it needs to happen every play.

I agree 100% of what the OP said.
Old 01-12-2010, 07:35 PM   #11
Rookie

Heisman's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
And if you want to hurry up, you can just go to the play call screen, pick your play fast, have them hurry to the line, and then snap it as soon as you can.

Should not be that way - I agree. I'm huddling, but getting the play sent in and all the calls made and subs all in about 5 seconds?

Plus, it would make killing the game better too. No sense having to sit around for 35 seconds before you snap the ball just so you can kill the clock. Having Acc clock run then too would make that better as well.
I say get rid of moving with the directial pad. Only use the sticks. Have down and A go to a small 1/4 of the screen playbook for no huddle. If you don't hurry up you see the QB walking to the sidelines and back and players getting/helping each other and going back to the huddle. This runs off 10+ seconds and you can't skip it. you select your play with 30 seconds left..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2010, 07:39 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisman
I say get rid of moving with the directial pad. Only use the sticks. Have down and A go to a small 1/4 of the screen playbook for no huddle. If you don't hurry up you see the QB walking to the sidelines and back and players getting/helping each other and going back to the huddle. This runs off 10+ seconds and you can't skip it. you select your play with 30 seconds left..

That would be interesting. I would like to play with something like this in effect - sounds like a better flow to the game that ties directly to realistic gameplay.
Old 01-12-2010, 07:44 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

The problem with not going into the no huddle is that you're screwed if a cut-scene pops up instead of taking you directly back into the play-calling screen.

I had a game recently where I completed a deep pass with 10 seconds left and no timeouts but couldn't get another play off because the broadcast wanted to pop-up an image of the QB's stat comparison while the clock kept running.

Of course, if I had just hurried up and spiked the ball I wouldn't have gotten it off, either, because QBs have no sense of urgency getting to the line and getting the snap off.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »