Home

Spicing Up Your Scouting on Premade Rookies

This is a discussion on Spicing Up Your Scouting on Premade Rookies within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-13-2010, 09:01 PM   #1
Rookie

Wenkinator's Arena

OVR: 4
Spicing Up Your Scouting on Premade Rookies

In NCAA I like to add personality to players that I recruit, and I carry over their backgrounds to Madden.

Well since NCAA draft classes are terrible, I've decided that I was going to craft personalities to the premade draft classes.

I am starting out with the Daniel Rocker draft class. I am simming the season to discover when each player is getting drafted, and researching how much potential they are shown as having on the scouting screen, and based on that I am coming up with pros and cons as well as personalities. For example...

Daniel Newcomer Age 21 HT 6’1” WT 215 Clemson Projected Round 2>>
The Junior led Clemson to the ACC championship game in his only year starting. Was All ACC. Had a 67% completion percentage and threw for 3600 yards. 21 tds, and 13 ints. His size is the only real concern, but Drew Brees seems to be making a living at 6’0”. May just be overhyped after a great season, but he may be worth a pick in the 2nd round.

Now his potential on the scouting screen is the 2nd lowest of the class, and the report hints to that in the last line. Maybe that small bit of info is not very well written but its just a rough draft....

I'm going to make a "blog" for every player at every position of this draft class just to add some "fluff" to each player from the top 5 pick to the undrafted guys. Some of it will be used to tell us why a really fantastic player slipped so low in the draft (whether it be injury concerns or run ins with the law).

Would anyone be willing to help me with other classes so we can eventually get every single one complete?
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »